• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

simple COAS mod pack

I am in the process of fixing a few bugs so it can ported for use to CMv3.1

One bug in particular that is giving me a headache is hiring officers. When attempting to do so, the officer says "Can't open Enc_Officer_dialog.C

When opening the Enc_Officer_dialog.c file, I find some interesting changes from the original code.

Original Code Example
Code:
/*if (CheckNPCharQuestAttribute(Npchar, "officertype", XI_ConvertString("treasurer")))
{
Link.l8 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[17] + XI_ConvertString("treasurer") + ".";
Link.l8.go = "QMASTER_1";
} */

HE mod Code
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(NPChar, "treasurer") && NPChar.treasurer == 1)
{
Link.l8 = "Äàé ìíå ïîëíûé îò÷åò î êîðàáëå, " + GetStrSmallRegister(XI_ConvertString("treasurer")) + ".";
Link.l8.go = "QMASTER_1";

// Warship. Àâòîçàêóïêà òîâàðà
if(!CheckAttribute(PChar, "TransferGoods.Enable"))
{
Link.l11 = "I want, while staying in the colony, you are buying goods.";
Link.l11.go = "TransferGoodsEnable";
}
else
{
Link.l11 = "Procure goods in the colonies is not necessary.";
Link.l11.go = "TransferGoodsDisable";
}
}

Link.l4 = "You're fired. I do without your services!";
Link.l4.go = "AsYouWish";

The error logger tells me this
COMPILE ERROR - file: TEXT\DIALOGS\Enc_Officer_dialog.h; line: 141
Missing '}' in segment

When openining Enc_Officer_dialog.h all dialog ends at line 138

Seeing as I am still kinda new at this I'm a little :modding I think this means that the dialog has to be added to the .h and refered to the position by the .c file, but I am not sure how to do it

Oh, it's a my mistake :( sorry
Please remove "}" from string 584 and add "}" to string 644 - may be this help you

Also fix-pack 1.3.1 was released today (in russian) with some new resources and fixes
http://www.blackmark.bz/forums/index.php?showtopic=1885

Please remove "}" from string 584 and add "}" to string 644 - may be this help you

No go on that one...I'm still getting the same dialog line from the Officer...and I am still getting the same error
TEXT\DIALOGS\Enc_Officer_dialog.h; line: 141
Missing '}' in segment

Chest won't open after installing the two new itemsbox file. When I'm near the chest the
hand icon appear when i go to open the chest nothing happen. Is there extra line of code i need
to add somewhere. :mm

Ah 1.3.1 is out good new I hear you play as a pirate and start with the pirate nation.THAT
great job this is a pirate game after all. Would it be possible to get the dialog file please? :ty

Thanks

I like the patch and everything it has to offer... save two things...

1. Definitely do not like having to wait 30 real time minutes to purchase a ship :no
to much going on in real life to have to wait on my game to let me play it/
That'll wind up being a matter of preference we may be able to put onto a toggle in the options menu or something.
2. A good portion of the button options in in some weird language and it is not Russian.... or maybe it is and the font size is off. "R" are turned backward and the like.
Those funny fonts are what gets shown to you when it's Russian. It IS Russian, but an English or other language system is unable to display them correctly for some reason, even if you have cyrillic fonts installed.

Cap'n Drow

PotC, and therefore probably CoAS also, doesn't use ANY of the Windows fonts, but solely its own texture-based font files.

fixing the fonts can be done by removing RESOURCE\INI\fonts_rus.ini before installing the mod

Also fix-pack 1.3.1 was released today (in russian) with some new resources and fixes

Hello, and thank you for providing us with this opportunity. We were able to fix the issue with hiring officers but unfortunately we still have one major issue.

We cannot go to our shipyards and open the shipyard menu, to buy / sell / or repair ships. When we attempt to open the menu the chat terminates but no shipyard menu comes up, it acts as if we ended the conversation with the NPC.

Also are these fixes (fix pack 1.3.1) available in English? Since the language versions are different we do not have direct access to the program code of the fixes your team has created or the hot-fix file also listed in the thread linked.

Edit : I discovered it is two possible files :

ShipsUtilites.c
Common_Shipyard.c

Hello, and thank you for providing us with this opportunity. We were able to fix the issue with hiring officers but unfortunately we still have one major issue.

We cannot go to our shipyards and open the shipyard menu, to buy / sell / or repair ships. When we attempt to open the menu the chat terminates but no shipyard menu comes up, it acts as if we ended the conversation with the NPC.

Also are these fixes (fix pack 1.3.1) available in English? Since the language versions are different we do not have direct access to the program code of the fixes your team has created or the hot-fix file also listed in the thread linked.

Edit : I discovered it is two possible files :

ShipsUtilites.c
Common_Shipyard.c

I was wondering the same... Is there an English version available (if not now, then soon) or a different link to the fixes? Maybe just a link to the file download instead of the page? I can't get the link to work since it always tries to translate the page and won't let me through. Thanks.

Back