• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less storms? Once I get a decent ship I go looking for storms because they really pump up your sailing skills. Otherwise sailing skills hardly advance at all.

Idea , if you can make a compass of less storms and it works then you could allso make a counter item for more storms like a talisman of rely rely rely rubbish luck/ Cortes Keepsake +50 storms or sompthing

Wasn't my idea. Dextr wanted to add an item with that effect, so I gave him a start to work from.
I have no clue if it works and certainly it does need to be a different item too.

Hey guys! Hello there, nice to see you again! :doff How is the sea treating you? I have recently seen the new features, and they see pretty nice :) What have been the most important new features on this WIP?

By the way, i have stopped playing POTC for a while... but now i think i can try to play some games, but not so much... what it is needed to test?

:ahoy

Do you still have POTC installed? If so, just DL the exe and run it.

I just made it to Orangestad. Ar these doors supposed to look like this?
B 3 2014-10-23 15-45-33-30.jpg

I played that in the Sea Hawk storyline and the hangman was missing the first time I tried it, but was there every other time I played it. I just restarted that storyline and will try it again later.

Have you tried playing it over from your last save?

If some videos are missing follow these steps:C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\RESOURCE\VIDEOS
Copy the videos from the ROOT VIDEO folder into the common folder, If no the common folder, copy them to the standard folder

@HellSailor: There is a feature list in the opening post.

@Hylie Pistof: Those doors are BuildingSet items added to get around the scale issue.

@ANSEL: The recent hangman fix is indeed not yet applied to Brave Black Flag. Looks like we'll have to check that.

@danitim1: What is your game doing in Program Files? The installer EXE takes care of all file moving and copying. Looks like you got hit by Windows Security Stupidity.

Pieter, my game simply didnt played the videos for the standard qust videos (Nathaniel Hawk) after i moved the files into the common folder they played correctly

There's a problem in "Tales of a sea Hawk". Don't know if this is problem is general on all storylines or just this only. It seems that there is no weapons locker icon on the table of the cabin (Playing with the stock lugger).

No weapons locker.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, i didn't mention this was on Malcom's tutorial and it was when you put the cutlasses on the weaponslocker.

Last edited:
There's a problem in "Tales of a sea Hawk". Don't know if this is problem is general on all storylines or just this only. It seems that there is no weapons locker icon on the table of the cabin (Playing with the stock lugger).

View attachment 18798

EDIT: Sorry, i didn't mention this was on Malcom's tutorial and it was when you put the cutlasses on the weaponslocker.

There was a bug where icons would be missing but I thought it was fixed. I started a new Sea Hawk game yesterday and the icons work for me.

Have you tried starting over?

Yep, i tried two times following step by step the tutorial, but it didn't work. Nevertheless, it's easy to continue the tutorial if you skip that task before you do it. Then, all it's normal.

Oh, by the way... first two hours of gameplay... and i can say only one word: GLORIOUS. It's amazing how you developed this second version of the Beta 3.3 WIP. The new content is excellent, and, above all, a special mention to the rebalance and rename of guns and pistols. Now it seems more logical :)

Besides that, the new "start class", with engineer, rebel, gambler, etc., makes choosing abilities more interesting and add more variety to the game. I feel bad that the random class doesn't appear here, but it doesn't matter, because it didn't work correctly.

Congratulations, team of POTC NH, you are the best! :D

Installed this patch on another install and started the Sea Hawk storyline there and all icons work for me again. I can not duplicate your problem. :shrug

Hey! What happened? I went to Santiago and all of those fracking gates are gone! Now it acts like any other town in POTC, except for the hugeness. :cheers

Hey guys! One of my first posts here in this topic, I am the "Walk patch guy". Glad to help and fixing these ugly bugs with the character walking route HAHA! I fixed Santiago Town and Port, Santo Domingo, And Havana Town. I would like to know what do you guys think about those fixes and more ideas for some improvements. My point here is to help the community with somethings. My next assignment now and its almost fixed its the Cartagena Residence. And here is a little pic of whats going on. Anyway, glad to know all of you and have some fun plundering around the Caribbean. :doff

Attachments

• Patch ING.png
    Patch ING.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Havent gotten hands on with the latest update yet but i just installed the game again and am fiddling with internalsettings so i will be getting there sooner or later

Besides that, the new "start class", with engineer, rebel, gambler, etc., makes choosing abilities more interesting and add more variety to the game. I feel bad that the random class doesn't appear here, but it doesn't matter, because it didn't work correctly.
If you disable the Auto Skill System, then you do get the Custom option.
This was the simplest solution to that not-working feature as it is quite a complicated one. :facepalm

Havent gotten hands on with the latest update yet but i just installed the game again and am fiddling with internalsettings so i will be getting there sooner or later
You should install the update first and edit InternalSettings.h later. Otherwise your settings will be overwritten once you install.
Work-around for that: Make a copy of your InternalSettings.h before installing, then you can put your preferred settings back afterwards.

Just tried this, but cannot confirm the problem.

Brave black Flag storyline: There is no Hangman in Rescue Bartolomeu o Portugues’ crew.
In the previous update he was missing too, only in the free storylines, not in Tales of a Seahawk.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\BraveBlackFlag\quests . This adds all the newest fixes to Brave Black Flag too.
You may have to start again from a somewhat earlier save.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.zip
    94.9 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back