• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
start2009092718052760.jpg

here it is, it's easier to buy stuff. could this be done for Horizons?
Link to another pic: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/AlT3dZkRcUc/0.jpg

That would require a huge change to the interface. I don't know if it is even possible.

Pirate_KK once did something similar for the PotC trading interface, but it was unfinished and didn't work well.
Theoretically it is all possible, but we don't have the people to do it. Right now, we have zero active programmers.
I am here, of course, but I really don't have time to even fix the bugs because I have too many other things to occupy my time and efforts. :shrug

Well, that is not that important. Okay, I have just one more question.
Can I edit somehow my character's running speed? He's much slower than in GoF, and it's kind of annoying.

It is possible as someone did it a while back, but I don't know where to look. Indeed the GOF2 characters are too fast and the POTC characters are too slow.

Others don't seem to have a problem with it, but I am having major problems with the Battles of Bridgetown.

The first battle against the fort goes more or less according to plan, and the land battles in the fort and town go more or less normally too.

The problem comes after the battle is won. The battle is scripted to end at 02.30 meaning it is not possible to go to the shipyard and repair your shot up ships, or go to the tavern and hire crew, or the store to get provisions. The choice is to wander aimlessly around the island until the stores open or go to the tavern and rent a room for the night. Doing that means that when you go downstairs you HAVE to first talk to Danielle and then talk to the sailor. There is no choice. This puts you out in the bay with shot up ships facing fresh battleships. GAME OVER.

Do you not have the choice of staying the night in the tavern hall?

Can I edit somehow my character's running speed? He's much slower than in GoF, and it's kind of annoying.
I think it is in the .ani files in RESOURCE\animation .
Relevant files would be man.ani, woman.ani (for PotC characters), new_man.ani, new_woman.ani (for AoP characters).

What changes did you make? Perhaps we should look at including them in our next update. :doff

Just edited files you mentioned:

[walk] :treasure:
start_time = 2
end_time = 18

data = "Blend time", "0.4" ; sec
data = "Walk speed", "2.5" ; m/sec <<boosted this a bit (bit faster walking than in AOP now)
data = "Turn speed", "5.5" ; rad/sec

event = "LStep", 6, normal
event = "RStep", 14, normal

;Õîäüáà íàçàä

;Áåã âïåð¸ä
[run] :whipa
start_time = 113
end_time = 125

data = "Blend time", "0.3" ; sec
data = "Walk speed", "5.0" ; m/sec <<< boosted this a bit (bit slower than in AOP) :D

event = "LStep", 117, normal
event = "RStep", 123, normal

;Áåã íàçàä
[back run]
start_time = 2
end_time = 18

speed = 0.7
type = reverse

data = "Blend time", "0.5" ; sec
data = "Walk speed", "-2.2" ; m/sec

Last edited:
Do you not have the choice of staying the night in the tavern hall?

Yes that choice is there but what happens is that first you can not fast travel anywhere. So you go down the stairs and are intercepted by Danielle, then you are hit with the sailor who is scared of those huge ships. Then you are teleported into the bay to face the English fleet, often into the middle of a storm. So there is no way to get to the shipyard or anywhere else.

I ended up just running in and out of gates at 20X speed until the sun came up, then went to the shipyard where I replaced the 5th rate that was sunk with a heavy pinnace of war and then the store. Then I found that I HAD to rent a room to meet Danielle to continue to the battle.

Oh ya, I ended up sinking the first 2 ships and then captured the last one because the wind kept me trapped in a corner of the bay and couldn't get into the battle until it was almost over. The game has become very crashy but I still have that last battleship.

Ok guys, i have tested WIP Beta 3.3, and i have to say that... it's very cool! ^^ I like that the worldmap encounter system got back to it's normal state, at Beta 3, which is nice, because now pirate fleets appear on the worldmap, and military fleets appear in all the eras :) Another thing is that i didn't like the dynamic system of Beta 3.2, so going back to Beta 3 it's great :) But about this last point, i have to mention something... i don't like that cities in the same island have the same economy (For example, in Port au Prince there are export of gold and silver, like in La Tortue, Saint Domingue, and even the pirate campament!). In my opinion, the dynamic economy on Beta 3.1 was the best result we could achieve until now, so... it's possible to put the Beta 3.1 Dynamic Economy on Beta 3.3?

And also, the multiple ability points should be switched on, because of the realistic features of the game. Oh, and by the way, i'm interested in reading the tutorials of New horizons by Thagarr. It will help me with coding the game whenever i consider it neccessary :D

Ok guys, i have tested WIP Beta 3.3, and i have to say that... it's very cool! ^^ I like that the worldmap encounter system got back to it's normal state, at Beta 3, which is nice, because now pirate fleets appear on the worldmap, and military fleets appear in all the eras :) Another thing is that i didn't like the dynamic system of Beta 3.2, so going back to Beta 3 it's great :) But about this last point, i have to mention something... i don't like that cities in the same island have the same economy (For example, in Port au Prince there are export of gold and silver, like in La Tortue, Saint Domingue, and even the pirate campament!). In my opinion, the dynamic economy on Beta 3.1 was the best result we could achieve until now, so... it's possible to put the Beta 3.1 Dynamic Economy on Beta 3.3?

And also, the multiple ability points should be switched on, because of the realistic features of the game. Oh, and by the way, i'm interested in reading the tutorials of New horizons by Thagarr. It will help me with coding the game whenever i consider it neccessary :D

wait i have been playing all this time with the world map like that thinking it was probably just me having that problem:facepalm aaaand downloading the beta haha

i don't like that cities in the same island have the same economy (For example, in Port au Prince there are export of gold and silver, like in La Tortue, Saint Domingue, and even the pirate campament!). In my opinion, the dynamic economy on Beta 3.1 was the best result we could achieve until now, so... it's possible to put the Beta 3.1 Dynamic Economy on Beta 3.3?
Afraid not. As cool as that feature is, it has a bug where apparently the prices change massively on a daily basis.
That would have to be fixed first, but who is able to do that and has the time!?!

And also, the multiple ability points should be switched on, because of the realistic features of the game.
Easily done; the toggle is in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Oh, and by the way, i'm interested in reading the tutorials of New horizons by Thagarr. It will help me with coding the game whenever i consider it neccessary :D
It is the ""

Afraid not. As cool as that feature is, it has a bug where apparently the prices change massively on a daily basis.
That would have to be fixed first, but who is able to do that and has the time!?!

Easily done; the toggle is in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h.

It is the ""

i have time , lots of time i am a shut in pc nerd i could be the wow guy from southpark for all we know now granted i have had exactly zero success geting the model changes i wanted the armored guards from early explorers to replace future iterations of the guards but i allready had notepad++ so i am not totaly in the dark where do you go if you want too learn how the scripting for potc works ? i would be happy to start dicking around with that and get to know it so i could help with some of the time consuming hell that yall have to go though :read

i allso have a kick ass pc that i use as a server and gameing rig so theres that too

I learned PotC scripting simply by doing it. Figure out something you would like to do and make it happen.
If you can't figure it out, at least we're here to point you in the right direction.

On those soldier uniforms, I forgot that PROGRAM\NATIONS\nations_init.c is also quite relevant.

That dynamic economy was far too dynamic with prices and what is and isn't contraband and import/exports changing daily. In real life it takes a year to change a crop while in stock POTC there is no change at all.

About the different colonies on the same island having the same goods, the goods are regional with small differences from colony to colony. For instance Cuba and Hispaniola generally export the same goods with differences in prices. Then Bonaire, Willemstad, and Orangestad all have pretty much the same goods also.

There could be some differences introduced to make short runs more profitable, but really not too much.

epic , yeah i thought the townguard models must have had to be dependent on sompthing else that i hadent changed

i will allso have a poke around locally and see if anybody knows anything that could be relevant my town has the Australian Academy of Interactive Development so i know theres probably people here who could build potc from the ground up and i have a few friends that are building their own games i just have to dig around a bit

I checked in with my best friend if he knew anything about the programing for this game and showed him locations_init.c and as luck would have it he says it is C++ which is the third type of programing he learnt he loves programing and i love potc who knows what might happen, he allso has some books on learning C so i will have a dig into them.

:type1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back