• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there way to change how encounters on map are engaged? I can now evade every encounter, but I feel it shouldn't be like that. I wasn't in any battle from beginning of the game 'cos I can choose to not to engage in any.
And can I do something to be able to quick sail to any location on island while still playing in realistic mode?

Whether you can skip an encounter depends on what ship you have.
If you have a fast one, you can escape. If you have a slow one, not so much....

Whether you can skip an encounter depends on what ship you have.
If you have a fast one, you can escape. If you have a slow one, not so much....

There is a bug on the worldmap encounter system, Pieter. Even if you have the most powerful ability of navigation (Don't remember it's name), you can ALWAYS skip a battle if an enemy fleet chase you. And it shouldn't be like that.

There was a bug there at some point, but I'm pretty sure I fixed that some time last year.
I know the "Engage No" button was grayed out once in a while since that.

I have always had the option to not engage. I can not remember ever being forced to fight if I don't want to. Not that it matters as even if I choose to engage and then see that I am overmatched it is easy to just sail away.

I have always had the option to not engage. I can not remember ever being forced to fight if I don't want to. Not that it matters as even if I choose to engage and then see that I am overmatched it is easy to just sail away.
Just proved that it does still happen with the latest modpack version:
upload_2014-8-17_22-36-19.png

See? Grayed out like it should be! That is with the Beta 3.3 WIP files and sailing a Tartane1 (which seems to be the one of the slowest ships in the game).

So it does still happen. That particular situation looks like a game over one, but it is early so it's no big deal to just start over.

I gave myself a tartane on purpose, because I wanted to trigger the effect.

When boarding enemies, is it normal that sometimes I have only to fight captain of that ship, or is that a bug?

That happens. What it means is that the enemy is ready to surrender and when you board they do surrender, leaving you to face only the Captain, who may or may not fight you.

Something to note re: land crew equipping form the weapons locker. No weapons in the locker they equip a cutlass. I put three good bosun's choice and three different firearms in as a test. Took three crew ashore and they equipped a cutlass and one of the firearms. Then we got into a melee on land. They all fought with the Bosun's choice but no one fired a gun. Two died and when I looted their corpses they had no firearms and a cutlass. The one who died had lost his firearm and was carrying a cutlass again. Now I think it is fine to equip them from the weapons locker, but after they have done it they should re-equip from the locker after a melee, right?

Btw I liked the locked abilities they worked well except the two that were tied to the broken fetch quests.

As always your efforts are greatly appreciated. :cheers

i have noticed my entire weapon locker repeatedly emptying out i wonder if its related

I'm giving church lots of money (I gave about million, or more) but my reputation isn't improving. Bug?
I can't complete some quests because of rep, and can't do anything to improve it. I return gold to those guys on streets, pick up survivors, do quests, DONATE MONEY, but it's not working.
I checked FAQ, but it doesn't help very much ("To fix this, do the obvious thing: good deeds. talking to people and helping them, rescuing shipwreck survivors, finishing quests you still have going which give you a reputation bonus, etc.")
P.S. should I ask these questions somewhere else?

EDIT: Okay, I gave 3 000 000 gold to church and now I'm neutral. My sins have been forgiven, for a small fee :cheers

Last edited:
EDIT: Okay, I gave 3 000 000 gold to church and now I'm neutral. My sins have been forgiven, for a small fee :cheers

you must have sinned one helluva lot holy heck , would be an interesting story though i am sure.

You need exponentially much money to get the church to increase your reputation, just to make that not too easy.
There is a reputation button included in the Cheatmode that you can use if you really get stuck.

:rofl You must have been Horror of the High Seas! It takes forever to recover from that and I usually just start a new game. :walkplank

I had an unfortunate incident recently. In a new game I was attacked in town and the attacker's sword broke. It took three strokes to kill him and I got bad karma for all of them and ended up as a Rascal. :bird:
I'm up to bloke now.

When an enemy's blade breaks ashore, sometimes they will continue fighting, but sometimes they'll run away.
If they run, you don't have to kill them as you've already won; still continuing the fight indeed loses you reputation.

I have reworked the landcrew thing:
They fire again, also in the first loaded location.
They are given weapons automatically.
They upgrade their weapons when the player does.
No micromanaging at all with the landcrew, that's still there for officers equipment.

in the next version...

I think it's a little too easy to get bad rep. Also, more than a few times, I ended up fighting an entire town because one of my idiot bodyguards hit a civilian while someone was trying to jack me on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back