• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Slave trader

Camel Pirate

Landlubber
I am stuck at the 4th quest because i cant find the ship who takes the documents to the governor general also where is this governor ?

go to the city, mentioned by the usurer as fast as you can. On the battle map you can find Brigantine using command "go to".

I got the that state, but the conversation doesn't mention any city, it's a translation error. So can you tell me which city i supposes to go? I sailed to the other french colonies, but no ship.

It should be Capsterville, most likely, but that quest part was broken and it was (supposedly) fixed in the latest patches.

Even with the patches there are still a lot of broken quest that are not going ever to be fixed. Like shipwrecked ones, some of the captive captains quests, regatta and probably others.
The bad translation, too. There were hardly any fixes. The Caleuche dialogues are a mess, they are gibberish. Not even at google translate level. Probably the developers work only on the Russian version.
They anounced a new dlc and some graphical improvements, but they should have fixed the broken quests first.

Also, i looked on Youtube at the Russian version released years back and i noticed a lot of different loading screens (very nice and better IMO) that are not in the English version and i cannot understand why.
There is also a cutscene when starting a new game showing Charles on the ship traveling from France to the Caribbean and telling some story. AFAIK, that is missing in the English version. In english version, they throw us in Saint Pierre only with those letters and quest entry.

Last edited:
I manage to deduce the look for the escaped slaves part as it mention the destination in Russian, so i google the Russian version map and proceed with the quest. So when the translation error occur again, this time with a " " for destination, i guess the ship will head for the Capital of the French, thus i saol to Capsterville without result. So after the 1st time failure, i sail around to all French Colonies, it end without result, and i was tempting to go around the English and Dutch colonies too in case the Governor General has a summer house somewhere else. If this quest is broken, then i guess it is "goodbye until proper fixes" to the campaign of this game. I'll probably replay and hack the game to play as "The scourge of the Caribbean" as a revenge. It mean no island, no ship and nobody is safe except those can't be attacked. :mad:

The ones with " " are broken, they are not translation errors. This happens also in some Captive Captain quests and maybe some other quests too. Someone told me it was an island that was removed from the map in one of the first game using this engine and those " " are a reminiscent of that. It seems that the original developers of the Age of Pirates series are not working on this game and because of that the actual developers have no idea how to fix a serious number of problems.

I'm playing steam version, but i took the slave trader quest in Philipsburg, as it is generated in a random city when starting a new game, and I had no problem with " " bug, but that could maybe happen if you take the quest in a French town in the steam version, also. I don't know for sure, that's why I wote it was "supposedly fixed".

I took the quest after the three month period on Martinique, so maybe i should take a chance for the quest on another island of French and another chance on another island of either English or Dutch. But if this quest is still broken, i guess the Caribbean world in m game will know my wrath.
A Rank 43 scourge with unsinkable ship, resurrected crews, unlimited supply and blood thirsty officers shall be unleashed. :ship

It is in a random city every time you start the game. It can be in a Spanish City too. The problem is you can't tell if it is broken or not because you cannot rush the quest, you have to wait a month or so at every stage and some steps are difficult for a beginner. So in the mean time you do other stuff only to find out later that you replayed tens of hours for nothing because that quest is still broken. Better to pay 15 euro on steam. that's not much for a game that can offer so many hours of fun.

I'll give it a try since i still have the save before i took the quest. so it only take me 40 minutes to figure out whether this quest is broken or not by trying different island and nations. Though this game cost around 20 USD for both the game and DLC, i can't get them unless my friend come back from US. The country i'm living in isn't fond of transaction banking with foreign business.

Like i wrote before, you cannot chose in which city to take the quest, at least in the game i'm playing. I believe you can only take it in Saint Pierre. That will change, or not, only when starting a new game.

I took this quest in Basse-Terre. I have played it all the way through to sacking Havana. I brought the slaves back to the moneylender and he ask me to come back in a week for my payment. When I went back there was a new moneylender. He said the old one had left and taken everyone's money. He also said that the only ship that left that day was the Mauritius. So I check the Quest Log to see what to do and the Slave Trader quest had been moved to the archives. The last entry in the Archive Log says that I should hunt him down and retrieve my money. Is that all there is? Or did the quest break? Everything had work fine up until then.

Back