• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Smuggling for Thomas O'Reilly

Another problem I can't fix. I have completed the Cargo for Thomas O'Reilly quest in the build 14 but I can't start the Smuggling quest and I have enough free cargo and France and England are not hostile (I have letters of Marque en make promotions so I have a rank by both) But I can't start the quest and my level is above the 30 at the moment. I'm only in hostile with Pirate and Spain.

At this moment I have attacked Port Royale and make it Kingston with Susan Shaypen as governor and Lieutenant Harris a fort commander so Kingston is not English anymore but personal but does that make the difference? I couldn't do the quest when Port Royale was still English. It's the last quest I must do.

And is it possible to make Kingston English again after you captured it?

:shrug No ideer. The smuggling mission always works for me, but I do it early in the game.

That's Jack Sparrow, isn't it? I'm not sure if that sidequest is available in that storyline.

No I try to do the quest in the original story (new horizons). But OReilly won't give me the quest and France is not hostile, tried it many times, this is my last quest to do

Here are the things how it goes, i've have the free space and this are my relations but O'Reilly won't give me the quest, why?
O'Reilly.jpg
Relations.jpg

The requirements for the second quest are:
- You must have completed the first one
- "Andre Juliao" must still be alive and be located in "Falaise_de_fleur_tavern" (Martinique)
- You must have space for 134 Ebony in your Squadron
- You must NOT have any regular smuggler runs active at the time

Yeah I've got all those things but no quest. I have four ships so the cargo must be enough and I've complete the first quest too.

I'm not sure if Andre Juliao is still alive but I never killed him, or some of my officers must killed him after the French soldiers attacked me in the Tavern.

That's something very annoying by the way. If the French soldiers attack you in the Tavern and one of my officers hit any other character they will kill him as well, the same happend by Claire Larrouse, one of my officers tried to kill her after some Spain guards attacked me in the Tavern

In that case, I don't really know what else to do at the moment. :(

Perhaps we have to tune down those tavern encounters again. Sounds like they do cause some issues every now and then. :facepalm

Yeah sometimes they do. It's just innoying that my officers kill almost everyone who's in the tavern including Quest characters like Andre Juliao and Claire Larrouse and they won't re-apprear again once they are dead and I don't want to play the game from the beginning everytime because somebody is dead

You're right. Andre Juliao isn't in the Martinique Tavern anymore so I think on of my officers killed him when some soldiers attacked me, damn, can I play the whole game again for on guy!

Back