• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling - Questbook and guards have contradicting information

Wolf93

Powder Monkey
Ahoy, it's me again. I bring today another curiosity I've just noticed and couldn't find in the forums. When bribing/gambling with a guard, he gives a time period when it's most probable there won't be no patrol there. But let's say you have short memory, and check your quest book. It actually shows a different time!

Sometimes the difference is really sharp; for example, one guard told me to go between 16:00 to 24:00, while to quest book said 17:09 to 18:35. The guard may be lying or wrong, but shouldn't both entries be the same?

(The pics show another time because I had to test my theory)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-08-02 17.31.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2017-08-02 17.31.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • Captura de pantalla 2017-08-02 17.31.26.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2017-08-02 17.31.26.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
@Wolf93, which exact modpack version including date do you have according to your main game menu/compile.log?
This sounds familiar and I thought I made a fix for it that seemed to work...

According both the menu and the compile.log, it's the Beta 4.1 updated with the fixes from 26 July 2017.

Well, I'll be damned, I'm really bad at searching things in the forum. :unsure Aye, it seems to be the same issue, I'll download that .zip and give it a try.

Edit: One misunderstanding with a Spanish patrol later, I can say that now the problem is fixed :thumbs1

Last edited:
So my year-old fix does actually solve this problem in the latest release?!?

@Grey Roger, can you please check if the fix from that other thread is actually IN the modpack?
It should have been added ages ago, but maybe it somehow managed to slip through. :shock

"random_guards_group_dialog.c" seems to have lost the changes made in that fix. Try this version.

Attachments

• random_guards_group_dialog.c
    8.8 KB · Views: 153
"random_guards_group_dialog.c" seems to have lost the changes made in that fix. Try this version.
Thanks for confirming; that at least explains it. :doff

And thanks to @Wolf93 for catching the issue. Now that we know, it should be easy to return the fix to the modpack. :woot

Back