• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

So what?

In short: no, not yet.
People have expressed interest in adding those quests, and we already have a fair amount of the resources available (ship and character models).
As always, though, the limiting factor is people's free time, and that seems to be what has halted all attempts so far. :(

What ever happened to that one member who expressed an interest? Dawriter I think his name was. He was quite active last year around this time.

No idea. Chances are real life got in the way and he forgot about us, which seems to have happened plenty of times before. :(
I know Captain Maggee was a big part of the Jack Sparrow storyline, but he's had uni work to worry about so has not been able to continue. He does still pop by on occasion, though.

I really hope you guys can manage to make the quests for DMC and AWE. I think the story just stays there you basically stop the whole Davy Jones debt thing.

I'd love to see the story continued as well. We have the potential to do great things with the high-detail film ships and characters, after all! :keith

I do, however, recall the fellow who made the LP videos on youtube state that he enjoyed the Jack Sparrow storyline, but that he felt that the story questline lacked somewhat as it wasn't very much like the movie. Even though I don't entirely agree, I do believe that it may be a good idea to improve on some things in relation to the movie before moving onto other quests as to give some players an experience that lives up to the film.

We all would like to make the stories more movie-like. We didn't quite know how to do it at the time though.
And we didn't want to make it EXACTLY the same either because that's just boring copy-paste work.

And that is probably the reason most movie-related games get so bad reviews...because they are essentially giant copies and pasts of their respected movies. And that may also be the reason that so many of those types of games try to change some things as well.

I like it when you can "live the movie" properly in a movie-based game, especially if there's enough freedom to do things differently if you prefer as well.
Alternatively, a good movie-based game could be a prequel/sequel that is never made into a movie, but with related to the story with the same characters.
That allows you to expand on the film instead of rehashing it.

When I was a kid, I remember getting a gameboy advanced game of the first POTC. It wasn't about the movie though, but instead Jack's misadventures after the first mutiny all the way to just prior to the first film.

Back