• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sober Mod BRAINSTORM, DISCUSSION, PROGRESS & WORK

Harrow

Freelance Modder
Storm Modder
Sober Mod

The Sober Mod was a dream mod lurking about my head for a long time, which is basically a mixture of getting the facts right, improving realism and reducing the obvious RPG-like side of COAS to near oblivion. Slashing through the useless chatter, I'll just get to the points right away.

What we need to do and/or our ideas and work up to now. Not much has been done so far. This is of course subject to many updates, and will be updated soon with our first progress so keep posted. Whoever is interested in helping out, please holler at the old Harrow.
  • New Currency Mod: Pieces of Eight (Done & Released.)
  • Apothecaries (Idea without anyone working it.)
  • Medical herbs, elexirs, potion mixtures - changing them to realistic items. (Idea which is being looked into but still requires brainstorming.)
Send your ideas for how many items we should make/replace. The ones going first should be all potions that resemble the too familiar RPG games, like the medical herbs, the elexir, antidote potions and so forth.

We lack a decent amount of grog, ale, fresh fruits, salted meat, dried beans, (different kinds of) soup, hardtack (aka. sea biscuit), cheese, bread, milk, etc.

We shouldn't only cover ship food & I'm waiting for your ideas!

Lime juice would also be a useful commodity... It was commonly used in the prevention of scurvy.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can make a brand new useable item, and make it available at the street vendor's and store owner's item shops, as well as finding some on bodies as loot and so forth. When I can do that, I can single-handedly finish this in a week tops.

Probably have to add these items to PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c . For CoAS, a new game might be required for the change to take effect.

Halting this, at least for now. I'm personally going back to PotC modding for a while. If anyone wants to continue this in the meanwhile drop me a message first.

Back