• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Socialmedia crew

Sherlockzor

The first Belgian Cpt. of the caribbean
Storm Modder
Hey guys,

I was wondering how I could help this project the best and because I'm basically allways on the net I wouldn't mind helping out on the social side of the project.
Helping it get attention through Youtube videos, screenshots, twitterspam, facebookpage, etc..

Now to make videos I would love to see an option for a freelook/noclip mode. Do you see this possible in the near future?
Also the music is a bit too loud atm for me.

Have you considered setting up a patreon to get some funds in? Not sure if you really need any but money can allways be used in big projects like these I guess + Patreon is another platform that'll get you attention.

I also remember there was a piratesahoy intro for videos back in the buildmod/early new horizons era. Can I get a hold of that one somewhere?

and on a sidenote: I am very willing to do testing. Currently applying for a job as a digital testing professional and I just finished a degree in Computer Science as a programmer.
No experience in game development so far but allways eager to learn.

Kind regards,

Yuke/Sherlockzor

I was wondering how I could help this project the best and because I'm basically allways on the net I wouldn't mind helping out on the social side of the project.
Helping it get attention through Youtube videos, screenshots, twitterspam, facebookpage, etc..
That would be very welcome indeed, as far as I'm concerned! :cheers

Now to make videos I would love to see an option for a freelook/noclip mode. Do you see this possible in the near future?
@Armada?

Also the music is a bit too loud atm for me.
@Captain Murphy, is there not somewhere a bug tracker for feedback like that?

Have you considered setting up a patreon to get some funds in? Not sure if you really need any but money can allways be used in big projects like these I guess + Patreon is another platform that'll get you attention.
The real limiting factor is manpower and time....

I also remember there was a piratesahoy intro for videos back in the buildmod/early new horizons era. Can I get a hold of that one somewhere?
It's still in the PotC Build Mod files. :yes

Hi @YuKe, thanks for offering to help. Having someone dedicated to promotion on social media would be ideal, so I'd be happy for you to do that.

We'll look into it for the next release, if possible.

@Captain Murphy, do you still have the intro/outro segments we used to use for the HoO videos? We could repurpose those for NHR promotion.

There are no plans to raise funds at the moment.

is there not somewhere a bug tracker for feedback like that?
The music isn't a bug; I just need to turn it down! :razz
I'll add a slider in the settings in a later build so all the music can be adjusted at once.

As for other bugs, I've now set up a link forum for the GitLab issues board: Issues · piratesahoy / potc-remastered · GitLab

Sweet!

I'll try and put together a short presentation video and I will upload it here before making it public for some feedback. You can probably expect that by tonight/tomorrownight.

Yeah so the PotC mod PA! intro is not usable cause being very low res.
Anyone got acces to a higher res one?

The only parts I have are all 'baked' videos that I would overlay my title onto with Windows Movie Maker. All of the pieces to it like the music bits are on the FTP if I recall.

Back