• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Soleil Royal Issue

jack867

Landlubber
Well recently i managed to purchase a soleil royal in game ( 2 actually) and well they are great but if i try to use one as my flagship( My ship to steer and steal stuff with xD) the ship always shows is the top of the middle mast ( i can scroll down and see the ship but not fully) just wandering is there any fix to change the camera to focus on the hull instead of the top of the mast?

We fixed that issue in the PotC Build Mod; those files should be transferred to CoAS, I think.

We fixed that issue in the PotC Build Mod; those files should be transferred to CoAS, I think.

Ah well have just done as you said still have a problem with it. It sucks that is only with the soleil royal all other ships zoom out perfectly but not that one.

The ship was definitely fixed in the Build Mod, and the fix must be compatible with CoAS, so perhaps you didn't copy all the relevant files correctly.
You need to copy the entire contents of 'FR_SoleilRoyal' over to the equivalent CoAS folder, overwriting everything (back up the original files first).

Ok i have tried once again. Still focuses on the mast possibly could be i might have to buy another soleil royal for the effects to take place so not really sure.

Is it working? And yes you should totally buy a new ship to test it out.

If it works, could you upload the files you used? We'd like to correct this problem for GoF!

Sure ill be trying to make a soleil royal spawn again today will let you know when i manage to find it and its results.

Ok files i used were ----FR_SoleilRoyal------ from build 14 beta 2 and placed it in my folder and changed the name to --------SoleyRu1------- and ---------SoleilRoyal1--------- as to replace the files( since i wasnt really sure which one to replace)( i have backups) . Managed to purchase another soleil royal and well still same problem.

SoleyRU is one ship, Soleiroyal1 is another, the ship you're having problems with is the latter.

Yes i am aware that they are 2 different ship but as i did not know which one was the one to replace i just replaced both. Even after replacing both though the issue still persist.

If it works, could you upload the files you used? We'd like to correct this problem for GoF!
Here's the fix I originally uploaded for PotC: http://www.pyratesah...Royal_Fix1.1.7z (should have mentioned that before; sorry)
That contains all the files, modified or otherwise, which make the camera centre correctly in the Build Mod.
Simply copy and rename every file, and the fix should work straight away, without a new game.

All right i figured what was wrong the files build 14 beta 2 are named-------FR_SoleilRoyal---------- all i did was copy and paste the files even in the one you uploaded above all the files were named--FR_SoleilRoyal--- so the files were not replaced all i had to do was go through each file remove the-------FR_---------- and add a 1 after the name so as to go over the files so each file would be name ------SoleiRoyal1(insert extra here).gm----------instead of
--------FR_SoleilRoyal(inser extra here).gm-------- files are renamed here---------http://www.mediafire.com/?n2xswazcejh35de---------if you guys want to change them all i did was rename them so they would overwrite.

Are we talking about the same ship model? I just tried out Armadas files and I did rename everything but I got a crash, then I went into the GM viewer and saw that Armada's ship is different from the CoAS ship we have.

This is the CoAS ship with the fixed camera (d/l from a Russian site) But.....the ship beeped the first time and beeping ships is not good, I gotta figure out where it came from.
start2012-01-2818-09-51-13.jpg

Update:Now the beep is gone....weird.

yes that is the ship we are talking about. Mine are white and blue though :D also found another issue with the files xD( yes i know annoying) textures are missing could be a me problem but just making sure.
messtectures.png

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/Royal%20Fix,%20CoAS.7z

Okay, I tested it out a few times and it seems as if the beep I heard was a fluke, so give this a try, it should fix the camera issue once and for all. As for the textures, hopefully the model in this file will fix that, if not, let me know and I'll upload the ship textures as well. After testing it out a while, I have to say it's one of the nicest looking ships in the game.

All right everything is in order now camera fixes at the hull textures are back and the ship is looking mighty fine. Sadly my save game got messed up and now crashed every time i try to switch scenes. The good news apart from everything working fine is i had like 10 saves from minutes before the last save game which work fine :D Really appreciate all you guys do. Thank you

Are we talking about the same ship model? I just tried out Armadas files and I did rename everything but I got a crash, then I went into the GM viewer and saw that Armada's ship is different from the CoAS ship we have.
My fix IS for the same ship, but the files are named differently, so you'd be forgiven for thinking it's different.
The camera issue was fixed by using a different model as FR_SoleilRoyal (SoleilRoyal1), which is the 'root' model that determines where the camera centres in 3D sailing mode.
The original hull model was renamed to FR_SoleilRoyal_part1, and added to the new root model with a locator.
It's this root model that can be seen in Jack867's screenshot below; it's a cut down version of the San Felipe, and it's supposed to be invisible,
but you guys don't have the alpha textures that I assigned in PotC. I forgot about that. :facepalm You'll need to rename an alpha texture to 'blnk.tga' and 'san_blank.tga', or HEX edit the model to work with different ones.
Anyway, the files shouldn't cause a crash if installed correctly; we haven't had any problems in PotC yet.
Still, I'm curious about the version you acquired from a Russian site. Can that model be opened in TOOL, do you know?
That could be the key to fixing the ship properly without all these workarounds.

I'm not familiar with the tool but you can try to open it if you can.

That would explain the two models I saw, I renamed the wrong .GM :shrug

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. These workarounds took a bit of figuring out to work properly. :urgh

I just opened your version of the ship in TOOL, which is an improvement already, seeing as our version just crashes instead.
Only problem is, it displays most of the ship, but some if it doesn't show up. That sounds like the same problem some of our modellers encountered a long time ago.
The funny thing is, I don't see how this model should fix the camera issue. It's essentially the same as the one in the Build Mod, minus the crash in TOOL.
As beautiful as this ship is, I have to say she's the most bizarre model I've ever come across, because of all the problems she has. :wacko:

Back