• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

some fixes

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
I reckoned i'd un-bork some of the dialogue i was seeing, since i was rather fed up with it. Also fixed some erroneous item discriptions, as well as some that i wasn't quite happy with after i changed them the first time. Fixed dialogue should be any dialogue you see with NPC's that you may meet when on land with crewmembers (not officers) for any given situation, both on the streets and in taverns, as well as slightly modified dialogue for the newest additions to the gambling games. I couldn't find the 'you has no money' line though, so that's still wrong. If anyone could find that, that would be nice. I'd also like to note that i was not always completely aware of the dialogue's context, so there might be some odd lines. Please point them out so i can fix them.

Once i've written down the trading info for islands i might go about fixing the trading rumors. Unless the goods that you can make a profit on consistently change throughout the game.

NOTE: this version has a bug. It's fixed in the attachement two posts down.

Attachments

• Morgan's talky fixes.zip
    32 KB · Views: 61
Okay, apparently the game no longer detects the dialogue file. This makes no sense, since it's still right there where i left it. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Further research shows it's just the soldier patrols. I wonder why.

I found the problem. Please install this version of my repairs instead.

Attachments

• Morgan's talky fixes.zip
    32 KB · Views: 73
I've discovered that the game currently uses an outdated version of my personal character's texture. I would appreciate it if it was replaced in the next patch with the updated version below:

Attachments

• RESOURCE.zip
    217.3 KB · Views: 58
It seems to be working okay. I really do need more people to test those random encounters on land to make sure though, since i'm not going to encounter every possible reaction.

Thanks a lot! Great timing for the next Patch; I'll be compiling that over the next few days.

Yes, i was hoping you'd show up. Still can't say i fixed the dice game dialogue though. It seems to be part of a different file. In fact, there's one line of dialogue for i think patrols that's not located in the dialogue file at all. It's in the code for the dialogue. I didn't change it around though, merely modifed it.

Which dialogs are you still looking for? I can have a search as well.

You can change the text in the .c files as well if you want.

Well, i expected it to be in the Habitue.h file, since that contains the dialogue for the guys sitting at the tavern tables, but the dialogue that's actually in the dice game itself (and probably the card games too) isn't in there.

oh, and Hylie discovered you left free camera mode on in the internelsettings file. It's turned on by default in the build 14 beta 2.1 full download, which i installed.

Well, i expected it to be in the Habitue.h file, since that contains the dialogue for the guys sitting at the tavern tables, but the dialogue that's actually in the dice game itself (and probably the card games too) isn't in there.
It's in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\interface_strings.txt:
Code:
NoGambleMoney{Hey! You has no money?! Come back, when you'll have some, or you must make a proper bet.}
NoGamblerMoney{Looks like you not so rich, don't you?! Well, we'll decrease a bet.}
GambleBetMin{Want to play on minimum bet? As you wish...}
FirstTimePlaying{Left mouse click on "Bet:" - to make bet. Left mouse click on box-icon - to abolish a bet. Left mouse click on cards - to begin a game. Left mouse click on portraits - to make each character move.}
FirstTimePlayingPoker{Left mouse click on "Bet:" - to make bet. Left mouse click on box-icon - to abolish a bet. Left mouse click on cards - to begin a game. Left mouse click on portraits - to make each character move. Left mouse click on any of your cards - to change this card.}
FirstTimePlayingDumb{Left mouse click on "Bet:" - to make bet. Left mouse click on box-icon - to abolish a bet. Left mouse click on cards - to begin a game. Left mouse click on any of your cards - to make move.}
FirstTimePlayingDice{Left mouse click on "Bet:" - to make bet. Left mouse click on box-icon - to abolish a bet. On mug - to begin a game or to make each character move.}
Exit from gamble confirm{Do you really want to leave this game?}
oh, and Hylie discovered you left free camera mode on in the internelsettings file. It's turned on by default in the build 14 beta 2.1 full download, which i installed.
Indeed I did. Should be fixed for Beta 2.2 . Thanks for pointing it out again. :doff

Does the text in front of the {} matter, or is it only the text inside them that needs modification if i want to change what's displayed in game? I've discovered some other things in that file that need changing, but they frequently have the same text in and out of the {}.

You want to change only the text between the {} . If you change the text before it, it will cause errors because that's a reference to elsewhere in the game code.
Even if the first text has typos in it, just leave it with typos and then correct only the second version. :doff

i reckoned it was something like that. Other things i changed were just overall improvement of text flow. Average items are called Mediocre now, since it fits better with the 'you found a' piece of text that you get whenever picking up items. Unless people really object to it, of course.

Attachments

• interface_strings.txt
    78.3 KB · Views: 78
Not a bad idea, actually. Let's see how that plays out in the game.

I'd done some work on making that fit before, but there were just a few things i missed. This was one of them. You might notice that all items that can be picked up start with a consonant now.

Oh and just for the record, i thought i'd mention that i snuck an insult into the encounter dialogue which was so obscure that i though nobody would know what it was anyway. :cheeky i wonder how long it'll take for someone to find it.

I'd done some work on making that fit before, but there were just a few things i missed. This was one of them. You might notice that all items that can be picked up start with a consonant now.
I remember that. Cheers. :doff

Okay, the item quality name change didn't catch for any items in my inventory or a shopkeeper's. I'll try seeing if reïnitialising does anything, or if the name change did catch for cases where you pick items up. I'd still like all instances of average to be changed to mediocre for consistency's sake though.

Well, everything else is working. Should be good for inclusion.

i'd also like to state HOLY CRAP THAT SOLEIL ROYAL IS BIG.

Back