• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Some oddness in examine map in stores

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
I don't think this one matters at all, but just in case:

I testing some things in the store in Santo Domingo, and the shopkeeper refused a cargo quest because my hold was too small. I happened to examine my archipelago map in the inventory, and I noticed a flashing cargo destination symbol appeared on the map over puerto rico. I had never been offered such a quest. I left the store, and in the main town screen, examined map again, no flashing cargo symbol on map.

I went to the store in Port au Prince, and examined my map again in inventory. Same flashing cargo symbol on puerto rico was there again. I talked to shopkeeper, and asked for a cargo quest. He refused, too small a hold. Examined map again, no cargo symbol anywhere.

Last edited:
I believe that for sure. There is some code in place to show the destination of a generated cargo quest that hasn't been accepted only while in the store.
This is so you can decide whether the quest is worth your while.
Your example does sound quite silly though, as you never got as far too get the quest offered to you. :facepalm

what I think happens is that when you have the dialog to look at the map it set the destination. it only removes this on the next dialog option. if you decide to leave the store and never take the next dialog option it will still show in the store indeed.

@Levis: He said he never got offered the quest in the first place.

I think I know pretty well why this happens as I've fiddled with the relevant code before.

@Levis: He said he never got offered the quest in the first place.

I think I know pretty well why this happens as I've fiddled with the relevant code before.
no it was refused because the ship was to small. but maybe this does trigger the map thing already

That was exactly my point. ;)

Relevant files:
a_map.c and the trade quest code in the trader dialog/quests_common.c

Back