• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Some ongoing questions

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Well, here are some things I'm wondering about while coming across them during my playthrough...
  • Officers are gonna use any weapon and bandage I give them; but what about armor?
  • Is there any place I can buy more ammo then a handfull?? Not even a town trader has more...
  • And isn't it strange: I found an ammo pouch with which I can now have 12 bullets; but I can only have 6x gunpowder?
  • How is the "Summary Info" under Passengers calculated? Isn't that the cumulated skill info of all 3 active officers (+myself)? Or don't they have to be one of the 3 officers that accompany me to shore to add their skills and abilities when sailing/fighting/buying/selling? (-> see 4 included jpgs)
  • 0-myskills.jpg 1-summary_no_officers.jpg 2-quartermaster.jpg 3-summary_with_quarterm.jpg
  • My new ship (Pinnace) can mount up to 12lbs cannons; so why can I mount up to 24lbs carronades?
Thanks in advance!

Officers should indeed use armour.

Go into your own ship gun deck and find the Gunpowder Storage there.

You need another extra item to carry more bullets.
@Jack Rackham is the expert on those. :cheeky

All officers count for skill contribution. They only contribute those skills relevant to their job as indicated on the Passengers screen.
The highest skill is used, so they don't stack.

There is a factor 2 difference between carronades and long guns.

You need another extra item to carry more bullets.
Yeah but I also have this item: Ammo Pouch
And it lets me carry more rounds, but not more powder...
The highest skill is used, so they don't stack.
But why is my commerce skill "summary" at 7, when my Quartermaster has 9?
  • I've just come across another bug^^
    If you have more then 1 ship and you accept a cargo quest, then the amount of cargo that you need to transport seems to be calculated as a sum of all available cargo space across your vessels!
  • Ship 1: 5.000 free
  • Ship 2: 3.000 free
  • -> you would need to transport ~7000 worth of cargo which is impossible because you don't have enough space on your own vessel (which gets filled up with the cargo you need to deliver, but not enough of it!)

Last edited:
Jack could elaborate more on those ammo items. I cannot remember the specifics now.

You have a savegame with that skill weirdness?
Also, what numbers are you comparing?
If you have a quartermaster with 9 Commerce, that should show on the Ship and Passengers screens, but not the Character one.

For that Cargo Quests issue, that may need a Bug Tracker entry.

> more on those ammo items
Ok, so there is something like a "gunpowder pouch"; that would explain it :)

> You have a savegame with that skill weirdness?
Yep, is attached. The quartermaster is "Letitia Palmer".
Carpenter-Repair: works (8)
Surgeon-Defense: works (9)
Gunner-Accuracy/Cannons: works (5/6)​

This savegame is also good to test out the cargo-quest issue; it's right at the store with an available quest, while having two ships.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 10.7z
    521.7 KB · Views: 88
Ok, so there is something like a "gunpowder pouch"; that would explain it..
Ammopouch and ammobag for pistolbullets, pistolgrapes or musketbullets.
Powderflask, powderbarrel for gunpowder of course.

Without containers 6 each.
Powderflask and ammopuch = 12 each.
Next level is ammobag and powderbarrel 24 each.

Thanks!
I wondered why I recently get the message, that my officers got re-armed when getting back to my ship :)
Puh, that does solve a lot of micro-managing my officers!

Last edited:
Officers should indeed use armour.
However, not all officers will appear to use armour. This is because the same character using armour requires a different model for that character and only a few have the extra models. Out of those shown in the screenshots of the "Passengers" screen, only Nathaniel Hawk and Letitia Palmer will show visible differences when armour is in use. The rest won't visibly show armour but they will certainly benefit from it. For example, make Sean Button an active member of your shore party, then watch the difference in how his health gauge behaves in a battle if you do or do not give him armour, especially the good types (battle armour and gold armour).

Back