• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some questions

i'd like to see the name of quick repair changed to emergency repairs myself. it's too easy to confuse it with light repairs at the moment. or at least i want the one that fixes only 10% changed to emergency repairs. i might be confusing them again.
Here they are:
Code:
LightRepair	{Light Repairs}
perkLightRepair
{
Using this ability, the character's crew can slowly repair the ship up to 10% of max HP. This ability doesn't require any resources.
}

InstantRepair	{Quick Repairs}
perkInstantRepair
{
Using this ability, the character's crew can instantly repair the ship when not locked in a battle. It requires resources - planks and sailcloth. This ability doesn't repair fallen masts or crew. Maximum repair is up to 90% of max HP.
}
Changing "Light Repairs" to "Emergency Repairs" might be good, yes. :yes What do people say?

Pieter: You're welcome, mate. xD:

Cue one of those last minute changes. xD: I made more changes for the fists, making the code for them more consistent with the code for weapons, and also implemented armor in a better way. Fists damage calculation improvements are already mentioned in the upcoming changelog so no need to mention this last minute change specifically. :)

I don't quite understand this:
Code:
			if(!LAi_IsDead(enemy)) //checks if char now dead or not
{
//	if(rand(100) < punch + sti(attack.skill.Sneak) && sti(enemy.index) != GetMainCharacterIndex()) // PB: Orig code
if(rand(50) < damage && sti(enemy.index) != GetMainCharacterIndex()) // Baste
// Checks if punch knocks enemy out; character's rank increases chance
{	//MAXIMUS: during fight, character can join to his crew. Sometimes it may be helpful -->
bPlayer = false;
if(CheckAttribute(enemy, "chr_ai.group") && enemy.chr_ai.group==LAI_GROUP_PLAYER)
{
if(sti(GetCharacterSkill(mainCh,SKILL_LEADERSHIP)) > sti(GetCharacterSkill(enemy,SKILL_LEADERSHIP))) bPlayer = true; // Baste
}
else
{
if(sti(GetCharacterSkill(mainCh,SKILL_LEADERSHIP)) < sti(GetCharacterSkill(enemy,SKILL_LEADERSHIP))) bPlayer = true; // Baste
}
LAi_Stunned_StunCharacter(enemy, 100, true, STUN_STARS, bPlayer);
//MAXIMUS: during fight, character can join to his crew. Sometimes it may be helpful <--
SetHostile = false;
}
}
I changed it so any eventual items are taken into account, but it seems the same thing happens regardless if the value is higher or lower.

Nice, and I take it you don't quite understand it either. ;)

QUICK CHANGE! Change it so it is like this instead:
Code:
			// Baste -->
float damage = rand(rank)*0.5;
float kDmg = 1.0;
if(IsCharacterPerkOn(enemy, "BasicDefense")) kDmg = 0.9;
if(IsCharacterPerkOn(enemy, "AdvancedDefense")) kDmg = 0.8;
if(IsCharacterPerkOn(enemy, "SwordplayProfessional")) kDmg = 0.7;
damage = damage*kDmg;
if(makeint(damage) <= 0) damage = 1;
float critical = 0.0;
if(rand(100) <= 5) critical = damage*2.0;
bool noExp = false;
"if(makeint(damage) <= 0) damage = 1;" should be below "damage = damage*kDmg;", not "if(rand(100) <= 5) critical = damage*2.0;".

But you forgot to include it. :blah: I have posted it here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__411473

But... but.... but... That file is identical to the one in my current game version. Did it really not make it into Patch 7? That's really weird. :wacko:

When I downloaded and installed Patch 7 the fix wasn't there, so I had to change it again. :shrug

Hmm... I wonder if I stuck that fix in my game version after I compiled the Patch 7 files. Thoughts I had it included, but maybe not then. It'll be Beta 2 then. :facepalm

Just thought I'd point out something:

You might have heard that there is a song that sounds similar in Pirates of the Caribbean, the game "Heroes of Might and Magic IV", the anime "Twelve Kingdoms", and possibly other places. In Pirates of the Caribbean it is used as the tavern theme. It seems most people first heard it in Heroes IV and thus think that everyone else copied it from that game. This is incorrect. It is from an old musical sample many composers use. More information about it here: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10250

The three variations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzbzxyJo9RA

I thought it could be good to know, so no one thinks it was copied from someone else. All composers just used the same sample.

That IS interesting; hadn't heard of that before. I do like that track quite a bit; definitely some of the better tavern music.
Though they can't possibly sue us over that one, since that music was part of the stock game. :cheeky

Back