• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some questions

You may want to consider creating new topics elsewhere in the forum rather than adding questions to this now rather outdated thread. ;)

Someone else will need to answer the question about creating your own ship, preferably someone who is still reading a thread about Beta 1!

Cannons will reload faster if you have higher "Cannons" skill. Even if you personally don't have high "Cannons" skill, you can hire a gunner with the skill (or, if one of your other officers has better "Cannons" skill than you, you can re-assign him to be a gunner). The perk "Fast reload" will also help. (So will the perk "Pre-load", though that has been disabled in Beta 3.2.)

But the plain fact is that these are 16th-18th century muzzle-loading cannons and they did take time to reload. Even WW2 ships' guns weren't all that quick firing. Films don't often show that aspect of gunnery because while the guns are being reloaded, the camera points at something more interesting happening elsewhere, or they just speed up the process so the audience doesn't get bored.

I am new player of new horizon.You know right?Thats why I ask you a many questions.First,how to search officer like Commodore Norrington,Will Turner and many more.Second,how to buy ships like HMS Dauntless,Flying Dutchman,Black Pearl and many more for my officers.I know this all because when I watch potc build 14 at YouTube I really shocked because they have an officers like I say just now and their officers have a ship like I say just now.Can you help me?

Last edited:
If you start another thread I should be able to split these posts off and merge them.

It can easily take more than a year to create your own ship. I suspect you do not want to work on one that long. But if you do the tools are around.

It takes a long time to reload cannons because it takes a long time to reload cannons. As Grey Roger stated, hire a good gunner. They are out there.

Once you hire your officers you can rename them and visit a tailor shop to make them look like you want them to.

The best way to get the ships you want is to first find a certain rum soaked bosun in a certain tavern. You will know him from the movie when you see him. Then sail to an island that can only be found if you already know where it is. You can buy the ships there from Vanderdecken but they are very expensive.

In "New Horizons", you have some choice of character when you first start a new game, unless you're playing one of the storylines about a specific person (e.g. if you're playing "Chronicles of Horatio Hornblower", you will be Horatio Hornblower, no choice about it). Otherwise you can always change your name and you can buy different outfits at tailors' shops in various towns. You don't just change clothes when you do buy a new outfit, you change your entire appearance, so you can turn yourself into James Norrington. (You won't be Commodore Norrington unless you earn the title!)

I'm not sure how to get HMS Dauntless. You get the Black Pearl by capturing it during either the standard storyline or the "Hoist The Colours" storyline. The only way I know to get the Flying Dutchman, or something like it, is to find Isla de la Muerte, which you won't do unless you've been to a certain famous pirate island and met someone from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films. More normal ships can be bought at shipyards or captured during sea battles.

And you're still better off creating a new thread for these questions rather than continuing this thread about Build 1. :)

You need to be patient. Few people are on this forum every minute of the day - you won't get an answer until someone looks at the forum and sees your question. ;)

As for Isla de la Muerte, you don't need a special map. You need a special compass. Someone in the tavern on Tortuga may be able to help with that...

Above questions moved to their own thread.

You need to be patient. Few people are on this forum every minute of the day - you won't get an answer until someone looks at the forum and sees your question. ;)

As for Isla de la Muerte, you don't need a special map. You need a special compass. Someone in the tavern on Tortuga may be able to help with that...
You gave it away Roger! lol

You can use the console for that, if you have no patient. Case 3 gives you the ships and officers you where talking about,
case 4 takes you at Isla de Muerta.

It lets you see Isla de Muerta on the world map you can sail to it as we'll but there's no nations on the island there's only the place where all the Aztec gold is and the shipyard where you can by famous ships but you need lots of gold yourself to buy them.

Back