• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Somehow made myself a 'Pirate Captain' (early game) now all ports fire apon me

teh_digi

Landlubber
Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to extend my sincere appreciation for the new horizons mod, when I re-picked up this game a few days ago I did not expect it to have running mod support 13 years later!

Loving everything about the mod so far aside from one thing, as the title suggests on my character page I'm now down as a pirate captain (next to the crew money indicator), and cannot approach any ports without being fired at. As far as I'm aware I've not taken any action thusfar to become a high-seas terror.

Anyone got any idea how I can get rid of this alignment/make myself not a pirate captain so I can play the storyline.

Incidentally I've tried approaching islands with my own personal flag, and flying under the same country's colours, the only way I can get to a town is via a beach landing and some jungle trekking lol.

Any help would be be greatly welcome!

Being a Pirate Captain does not necessarily make forts fire on you.
Flying a pirate flag does though.

Can you show a screenshot of your F2>Nations Relations interface?
That would be the most relevant here.

Check also your Questbook and Ship's Log interfaces.
Probably you captured or sank ships while not having a Letter of Marque, which is not legal and can make you slide into Piracy.
Those two interfaces probably contain some details about that.

You probably need to decide on a nation to join and get a Letter of Marque.

Ah yes, I can see in my ships log that I've been marked as a pirate the same day I finished a quest for Britain.

Attached is my relations screenshot
KiTgu86.jpg

What kind of benefits do I get for joining a nation? How would I go about signing up?

Thank you for your fast response by the way :)

What kind of benefits do I get for joining a nation?
You can legally capture and sink enemies without ending up as a Pirate.
You can gain promotions and rewards from this.
You get prize money for selling captured ships, which is notably more than you get for the "pirated" ships you take now.
(Unless you join the Pirates; they give out even better pay!)

How would I go about signing up?
Talk to the governor(s) of the nation(s) you want to join and buy a Letter of Marque from him/her/them.
By doing Governor Ship Hunting quests, you can reduce the price you have to pay.

Back