• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Source Code!" and "Modding Efforts?"

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Did you CoAS modders pay note of the great, great news we've had a short while ago?
If you have any care about that game of yours at all, head on over here!
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//forum/104-storm-coding/

Also, having been away for four months, I haven't got a clue what you people have been up to.
What's been happening here, mates?

I made a new thread for discussion on what to do with the source code.
Unless you are mad, be sure to head over there and join in!
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//the-short-of-it-and-now-what-t15939.html

We have release the community mod v3 and are working on a patch as we speak. In CMV3 we have added more ships, changes the ship rates to be more balanced. Some characters like Sparrow, Javy Jones have been given ships there ships ie Blacvk Pearl and Cursed Dutchmen. More goods for the store have been added, the upgrades at Bermuda have been changed. The naval battles have been sorted out but work is still ongoing here. There is so much to remember but alot of work has gone into CMV3, its by far a hige improvement on CMV2. Oh and CMV3 is now an exe so it makes it much easier for people to install the mod. I'm working on getting everything together for ModDB and hope to have everything ready soon. :onya

Here's a run down of whats new in CMV3 http://forum.piratesahoy.net//coas-combined-mod-t15309.html

WHAT do I have to do to get some more of the CoAS modders/players to take note of this?
Seriously, it really IS the biggest news in the history of PiratesAhoy!

Oh... I've got an idea! Of course we should announce our news on the ModDB, but I want to do it in style.
So how could we do that?

Well, for one thing, we COULD make the announcement coincide with the posting of Combined Modpack V3.
We could use that to show that we don't just use empty words,
but actually ARE progressive and already doing serious modding work on CoAS.
Screenshots from CM V3 would show to players of any of the original games what good new stuff we've added,
while showing the potential in the game engine to everybody else.

On the other hand, since the announcement would be posted also to the PotC and AoP game profiles,
we could use that to get everyone interested in those game to consider looking into CoAS.

Additionally, we must make clear that CoAS is a game that you actually CAN buy if you want.
So could you people please compile a list of the various purchase options for the game?
That'd show to people that, unlike PotC and AoP, CoAS is NOT a game that will soon become unavailable!

I'm not asking THAT much here, am I?
Seriously, I do have the best in mind for you CoAS modders and players.
But some support here would be much appreciated!
I can't do it all alone and even if I could, I friggin' don't WANT TO!

LOL, Pieter i have been keeping up with this and other topics similar and work on the CMV3 for ModBB is fully underway bud. Its taking longer due to RL but i hope to have it all up and running soon. Sorry for the delay. :onya

What is it you would like from us?

My apologies for being a bit pushy. I'd like to get it out of the way.
Once the profile is set up properly (it already half is), it's easy enough to post updates there.
And it'd ensure you get a much larger clientele and maybe more modders too.
I'm willing to help with it where I can. :yes

Don't worry bud, since CMV3 was released as an EXE its been our target to get it on the ModDB, the patch slowed us down and RL was another problem which reduced time but i'm hopping from Monday i will have much more time and can get all the info needed put together. Thanks for offering to help out it will be nice to get it all finished so we can as you said get it out to more people and hopefully bring more keen modders to COAS. :onya

In addition to my standing requests of:
. Short write-up on the CoAS Combined Modpack
. Screenshots showing the added features
. A full installer that can be posted on the ModDB

I have another request to make, namely for everybody who can and is willing to to help with the Features of the Build Mod project. If we can complete this project, we would have a proper, full feature list that would allow us to:
1. Define a full to-do list for Build 14 to be finished
2. Give us a base on which to write Manuals, Documentation and Articles
3. Allow us to select those mods that we'd want to include in a CoAS Build 15 project

As such, I really think it is important that we try to do this. Please see this thread for more information: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//features-of-the-build-mod-t15438.html

Back