• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spanish Galleon San Jose found!

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Ahoy!

The San Jose was part of the Spanish Treasure Fleet shipping Gold, Silver and other valuables from the Caribbean back to Spain. During the naval battle known as Wager's Action in 1708 the San Jose was sunk just off the coast of what was then called The New Kingdom of Granda but now known as Columbia, The San Jose's Cargo was never recovered.

Well now its been found ! Legal battles over who owns it aside this is an amazing find and you cant help but to be at least a little excited when somebody finds this much shipwrecked treasure!

Rundown of Wagers Action
Wager's Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The full news story's can be found here.
'Holy grail of shipwrecks' found with $3b of treasure off Colombia
Colombia locates treasure-filled shipwreck
Colombia says treasure-laden San Jose galleon found - BBC News
Colombia says it has found San Jose treasure ship
Treasure galleon wreck found off Colombia
First pictures from sunken Spanish galleon 'holding £1 billion of treasure'

Attachments

• 7005464-3x2-700x467.jpg
    7005464-3x2-700x467.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, there is just so much knowledge to be gained down there studying the wreck. The teasure makes the headlines but the other stuff is more important.

Yeah, there is just so much knowledge to be gained down there studying the wreck. The teasure makes the headlines but the other stuff is more important.

What sort of stuff would they have down there ? i really don't know very much about shipwrecks so i would love to know :bounce

The building materials and how it was put together. The actual layout of the ribs, spars, and the basic shape of the hull. The deck layout.

The dishes and silverware. The cooking utensils. The swords and pistols. The cannons! Those things are a treasure by themselves. Possibly any clothing that might be buried deep enough to have survived. The every day things that no one thinks of as valuable at the time becomes very important much later in time.

It'll be interesting to see how the lawerly pirates make out on this one. Though every time I hear "San Jose wreck" it just makes me think tech stocks are down in my home town.

lol, yeah, the layers always make out big. some of these cases can go on for literally decades. Lawyers, politicians and bankers all need to be keelhauled!

Back