1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Discussion Spanish soldiers on Isla Mona

Discussion in 'Assassin (Johan Elting)' started by Captain Tiems, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Captain Tiems

Captain Tiems Landlubber

I'm doing the Isla mona quest, and at the moment I changed my clothes, get out of the warehouse and then get to the outskirts, there is one English solier attacking me, and three Spanish soldiers. I think the Spanish soldiers aren't supposed to be there

2. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
  3. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

I remember that issue as well. The problem is that by default, "smuggling_nation" is set to Spain so that if you right-click on the island, it shows up as Spanish. Random soldiers show up as Spanish; those specifically placed by the story quest code are English. So I added a line in "StartStoryline.c" to change "smuggling_nation" to England, and also put one into "quests_reaction.c" to set it back to Spain when the quest ends.

@Captain Tiems: that "compile.log" will definitely be useful as it will tell us which version of the game you're using. If it's Beta 4.0 then it won't have those corrections. If it's Beta 4.1 from 7th January then the corrections should be in place, in which case something else is going wrong and I'll need to look into this. Do you have a savegame from shortly before you went to Isla Mona? You don't need to post it, but if you have such a position, and if you're using Beta 4.0 or earlier, I can probably give you a command to go into "console.c" which will solve the problem.

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  4. Captain Tiems

Captain Tiems Landlubber

I checked, and I don't have the save anymore. In the starting screen it does say Build 14 Beta 4.1 28 July 2016

5. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

That is a previous version of this: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017] | PiratesAhoy!
    If I recall, it did not yet include @Grey Roger's updates because he only made that fix after 28 July 2016.

The 28 July 2016 version was generally quite a stable and playable version, though the 7 January 2017 version is even better (especially with @Grey Roger's extra ZIP archive!).
    The newer version does require you to start a new game, so I recommend waiting with upgrading until AFTER you are finished with your current play-through.
    The version you've got is already pretty good. ;)

6. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

Put this into "console.c":
    Code:
    Islands[FindIsland("IslaMona")].smuggling_nation = ENGLAND;
    It should go just after the 'int limit;' line. Then, while running your game, press F12. You might even get away with going into the tavern, pressing F12 to activate "console.c", then leaving the tavern again.

7. Pieter Boelen