• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Standard Storyline De-filmization

I agree with How and WHAT! in the standard storyline

Does someone want to just make a start out de-filming by changing the pirates in Jamacia from Barbossa and Mr Blair to two others. Who likes the conquisdor idea??

Mr. Blair is from Cutthroat Island anyway, so he isn't so much of an issue. ;)

Daf.fr suggested an idea for the de-filmization

His suggestion involves a French pirate who studies "magic" in Spain...

I however would like to make a suggestion of Peter Blood's storyline character maybe being the guy we use, he was with Cortez on his adventures to the new world and I think this ties in well with the Cortez treasure and skeletons.

Furthermore to this suggestion going back over other ideas posted here we could include a random chance of meeting the cursed ship in periods before Jack Sparrow's quest and then after remove the likelyhood altogether. (will probally need to explain why they put the treasure back and chose to be mortal again [and probably die])

This would go with the movie in making the crew undead from the treasure and artefact is the thing that makes the ship immortal, Peter Blood could tie finding the artefact in with his storyline :shrug

I am of course open to the first idea and any other idea.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the PotC movie tie-in stuff would be only a part of the Jack Sparrow story. As far as I'm concerned, the Standard storyline would be welcome to be its own story without any PotC movie influences whatsoever.

But they sort of tie it in with the actually movies in the game, by having the skeletons getting up on the sea bed at the end :shrug

True; that doesn't help. Could be different skeletons though. :shrug
Either way, I'm fine with whatever somebody is willing to do. :doff

Perhaps by turning them into undead sailors from an 16th century Spanish Galleon? Who razed Khael Roa for riches. Just like the Cortez story though in POTC xD

In PROGRAM\Periods.c:
Code:
			// Redmond:
if(GetStoryline(FindCurrentStoryline()) != "NewHorizons" )
{	// PB: To retain the link with the original Sea Dogs
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("John Clifford Brin")].name = "Sir Henry";
DeleteAttribute(CharacterFromID("John Clifford Brin"),"middlename");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("John Clifford Brin")].lastname = "Morgan";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("John Clifford Brin")].model = "Henry_Morgan";
}
Should we or should we not use Sir Henry Morgan instead of John Clifford Brin?

We do use Brin instead of the period-correct governor in the Jack Sparrow storyline, because otherwise the Brin... kley thing doesn't work:
Code:
			// Redmond:
if(GetStoryline(FindCurrentStoryline()) != "LegendJackSparrow" )
{	// PB: This interferes with the Brin/Brinkley aspect of the Jack Sparrow story
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("John Clifford Brin")].name = "Sir Henry";
DeleteAttribute(CharacterFromID("John Clifford Brin"),"middlename");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("John Clifford Brin")].lastname = "Moore";
}
We could theoretically change the name of Brinkley too though. How about Mosey? I'm Miss Mo... sey.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=451179702&blogId=469650498
I know, I know; I'm being ridiculous here! :razz

This is exactly where I wanted to go with the el patron storyline! I wanted to give some background on the curse. After the murder of the pcs wife's former husband, his carcass rose from the dead after being buried which was because his mother was a kelleni native and he learned that each of those natives posess a curse after they die and once they are killed they come back in another form. The Spaniard then went on to cursing other Europeans to join his band and together they captured a ship which could be the one from hawks storyline and this spaniard could be the captain. The curse could have originated with the natives from kael roa who are cousins of the natives from padres del fuego who also bear the curse. This is what is in my storyline and I think it would be cool if hawk and Humbertos campaigns could be related that way. And the idea of cursed conquistidors in the maze could have been the ones that Humberto lead to their deaths a century before. Just an idea, but it would be cool if this was all included so el patron could act as a prequel of sorts lore wise.

As far as I'm concerned: simple does the trick. Just removing the film influences and letting it make sense on its own will do.
Unless I'm mistaken, your suggestion puts in different PotC story references again, no?

Not at all. Just refrence to a ship in my storyline. El Patron will have a sidequest explaining the backstory of this particular Aztec curse (the one in New Horizons) the ship will be called Black Rose in my storyline and Kael Roa will be in it as well. Also, I like an idea of cursed conquistidors in the temple which could be the conquistidors who fought for Humberto.

Back