• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Standard Storyline: Stuck While Playing as Danielle

Ventus

Landlubber
Hi, I play the 14 Beta 4 Build (Saturday 2 April 2016)
In the main quest, when Daniella knock out Nathaniel and there is a momentanous change of character and you're supposed to play as her, she's just stucked, nothing happens...

Attachments

• compile.log
    104.9 KB · Views: 156
  • system.log
    13.4 KB · Views: 157
  • -=Tim=- QuickSave 42.rar
    748.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
@Ventus . You have a lot of unfinished quest, it could give you problems. seadogs2_0000.jpg
Yes! I was transformed to Daniella too:woot. Dont have so many sidequest open.

Ok then, i'll finish them! :p

edit: after the comments of Grey Rogers I've read the tricks and tried the F12, it worked just fine. So again, sorry! this is'nt really a bug.

Last edited:
Apparently it IS a bug. Rheims is SO dead that he doesn't show up in the house and therefore you can't talk to him.

So two questions: How did he die and how to get him back to normal?

Just for laughs, I still like this comment of mine in the code! :rofl
Code:
bool LAi_Character_CanDialog(aref chr, aref by)
{
   if(locCameraCurMode == LOCCAMERA_FREE) return false;                   // PB: Don't bother me when I'm flying

I've reloaded the save just after Danielle joined Nathaniel, I waited a little, go on the ship deck, see the governor. Then continue with Rheims, now everything's going as intended...but I don't understand why, and what changed. Maybe that's just a one quest difference in the questbook, as suggested ANSEL.

@Ventus: Somehow Rheims died before Danielle was supposed to kill him. No clue how that happened.

In PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c I added this to prevent this same issue from bothering anyone in the future:
Code:
    case "danielle_with_rheims_runaway_complete":
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Danielle"), "Rheims_house_inside", "item", "item1");
       LAi_NoRebirthDisable(characterFromID("Raoul Rheims")); // PB: Just in case he somehow died
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Raoul Rheims"), "Rheims_house_inside", "goto1");
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Vincent Bethune"), "Rheims_house_inside", "goto2");
     break;

Since that quest case already executed in your savegame, you can do the following:
1. Add the following line to console.c:
Code:
LAi_NoRebirthDisable(characterFromID("Raoul Rheims"));
See here point #4 for how: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!
2. Load your savegame
3. Press F12
4. Continue play and it should work this time

Guys, somehow the storyline got broken. When you located Reims at Bonaire, you have to follow into his house in the jungle. After a short dialog with Danielle she knocks you out and then she should be talking with Reims before he dies. The problem is: Reims isnt there. So Danielle cant talk to anyone, and the Story gets stuck here. Even with console you can't go back to your own character.

Unfortunately I havnt made it that far, I cannot confirm, but I'll see if I cant get to that point on the 28th july version. :)

@Pillat: You're still on Beta 4.0, right?

I distinctly remember somebody else had that problem too. Thread should still be around somewhere.
There was a console command that could help and I fixed it in the 28 July version.

If I recall, the problem is that the guy somehow got killed earlier during the game.

Ah... yes, that could be, Rheims took a hit at the Outskirts from those raiders..

So, can you just give me the console command? If I download 4.1 I have to start a new game :facepalm

Back