• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Starter

TheFlyingDutchman1234

Sailor Apprentice
Hello everybody!

I really want to start modelling for potc. And I have Maya 2013 installed.... But I can't get the files for plugins for Maya! I'm not a moderator you see...

Maybe someboy can help?? I don't know what to do.

Thanks!!:ship

The GM export plugin only works with Maya 5.0, which was on our FTP, until the FTP went offline. We're still waiting for a new one to be set up.
Anyway, that's not a problem, because you could potentially send finished models to other modellers to export to GM format.

What sort of modelling experience do you have? Have you read any of our tutorials, or read/watched any official Maya tutorials?

Yes I've readen all of your toturial and i've already created some models in the past. Then I've bought potc and i saw it was able to create your own models for the storm engine. I already bought a Maya license and I only need that plug in to start working. As you say I probably also need another version of maya. But I'm not a moderator in this forum. I build many ships in the real as model out of wood and i know many about tall ships. Maybe you were able to help me.

Thanks for the fast reply!!

Armada, can we upload that plugin on a DropBox account somewhere?

It doesn't matter if you're a Moderator on here or not; the problem is that the FTP is down.
Also, the plugin only works on Maya 5, I think. I'd be well surprised if you could get it to work on Maya 2013.

The plugin isn't actually required to make the models; it's only needed to get models into the game.
What I'm saying is, you could create a model in Maya 2013 and then send the files to me (or another modeller with Maya 5.0) to export them to GM format. The finished ship would then be made available to everyone and probably added to the next Build Mod update. This way, you can focus on the modelling part, and leave the tricky export process to someone else. :)

That is, unless you're really keen to learn how to do the whole process yourself, which requires a lot of work on my part to explain it all to you... and I'm quite busy at the moment.

Armada, can we upload that plugin on a DropBox account somewhere?

It doesn't matter if you're a Moderator on here or not; the problem is that the FTP is down.
Also, the plugin only works on Maya 5, I think. I'd be well surprised if you could get it to work on Maya 2013.
I tried the plugin with Maya 2012 on my old PC, and as expected, it didn't work. Apparently, this goes for most Maya plugins; they only work for the version of Maya they were made for.
It might be possible to get it to work with the help of a programmer, though.

As for uploading the plugin: I suspect everyone who needs that plugin also needs Maya 5.0, so they both need to be uploaded to one place.
I don't know where would be suitable to upload them, though. I have SkyDrive and Google Drive accounts I could use, I guess.

OK, I'll have to upload it later. Right now my internet speed seems to have dropped to a slow crawl. :facepalm

Thanks! Do you mind if I put them into my dropbox in the downloads section at the top of the forum? In a week this thread will be buried.

Back