• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

starting ship

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
I'm working on a new storyline and don't want the ship's class number to be visible in the select storyline interface.
The embarrassing thing is I manage to do it before beta2-5 but don't have the slightest idea of how any longer.
I can't even change the ship's class now. Gives '8' for all cases.
So I tried to use RN_Posedidon. A 3:rd class but got a number '2'.
Is there a major bug concerning this?
Earlier it was enough with shipclass = ""; to skip the number.
Anyone who can help me with this small problem.

This code at the bottom of ships_init.c is overriding the ship class values now:
Code:
        // Armada: Ship Tier Mod -->
        refShip.Class = 1;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 900)    refShip.Class = 2;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 550)    refShip.Class = 3;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 400)    refShip.Class = 4;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 250)    refShip.Class = 5;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 100)    refShip.Class = 6;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) <  60)    refShip.Class = 7;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) <  30)    refShip.Class = 8;
        // Armada: Ship Tier Mod <--
Reason being that we decided the old class system just didn't make enough sense, so now it is Ship Tier based purely on maximum crew quantity.

How long do you end up using that classless ship in your new storyline?
If you actually have to sail her, I'm worried that a class of "" could cause strange unintended side-effects elsewhere.
Otherwise we can set that class = "" code somewhere at the bottom.

Ok that did it. Thanks a lot Pieter. :dance

I added this line
if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 10) refShip.Class = "";
and set the maxcrew number to 9. No visible number any more.

I'd suggest instead:
Code:
if(refShip.id == "YourShipID") refShip.Class = "";
Just on the off-chance there are any other ships with a max crew quantity less than 10.

Like the dinghy and tartane with 3?

I came within a second of getting the pic of the year with the dinghy. I was setting up to take a screenie of it and was reaching for the button to push it when a huge shark jumped out of the water next to it. :shock The thing was at least as long as the boat. :8q

Sharks jumping out of the water? I know there are sharks around, but never saw them quite do THAT! :shock

I know we resized them at some point; perhaps that stopped their appearance of jumping?

Yes, I can start now with a visible american flag in the select storyline. :doff
No, us-soldiers 64 portraits don't work any longer (musketeer and flag) instead the default guy shows up.:8q

Really? I just started a new Master & Commander game and it works fine there. :confused:

Even if you straight-up start the Master & Commander storyline?

If I start M & C and then new game "my storyline" it works. Not if I start mine direct.
I have bool bUSAExists = true; in my StartStoryline but no difference.

Which time period do you have your storyline in? You don't need to set bUSAExists; that is done automatically if the period code calls for it.

Back