• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Steam Gunboat

Just getting as far as I did before would be a good start, really, so gun, camera and path.
All of these just need to be parented to the main locator, along with the hull geometry, and they should export as a single file.
Similarly for the mast, any mast locators must be parented to the mast geometry locator. Your hierarchy should look something like this in the Outliner window:
  • Main locator
    • Hull mesh part 1
    • Hull mesh part 2 (etc.)
    • Gun locator
    • Camera locator
    • Path locator
      • Path mesh
    • Mast locator
      • Mast mesh
      • Flag locator 1
      • Flag locator 2 (etc.)

Actually, I do have a legit question. What's the difference between a green, yellow and a white selection in Maya?
Assuming you're in Object selection mode, green objects are the last (or only) objects you have selected, and white objects were selected beforehand. For example, if you select a cube, it will appear green, but if you shift-select another cube, the first one will turn white and the second one will turn green.

This shouldn't matter when selecting the locators for export, because they all need to be selected at once. Remember not to select any of the meshes as well, otherwise it might not export properly.

Thanks Armada! And I'm guessing the gun locator includes the group and gun itself? I think the selection makes more sense to me now. though even if I never figure this out, you've taught me more than I'd ever have learnt otherwise!

Last edited:
Thanks Armada! And I'm guessing the gun locator includes the group and gun itself?
Not quite, the guns are just counted as part of the hull model. The gun locators have no child objects.

Back