• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Steam] International Talk Like a Pirate Day (19 Sept - 21 Sept)

Well sid meiers pirates is in there for two fitty so thats a good deal i guess

I might just pick up one of those Money Island games, just for a laugh.

Does anyone know which of the ones there on Steam would be the best starting choice?

Caribbean! there is really very cheap, considering it is brand new and.... officially not released yet, right?

Yeah Caribbean is still in early access so not released as such yet, as far as the monkey island games go i dont know where to start i picked them all up on GOG for a few dollars a while back and have not yet gotten around to them:wp

I just want one of them, so I can play it with my li'l brother. He quite likes Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but MI is of course the same and only more crazy.

Guess maybe start with the special edition bundle ? that way you get the two games to try and the second game is $1.75 (au) ontop of what you would pay for either one.

Well being steam you could just download and keep one at a time and can always delete and re downland them pretty much do whatever you want with them , but yeah hard drive space can be a pain i just added another 4TB to my rig on Wednesday myself so i am good for now but who knows for how long if i had to pick one probably monkey island 2 the reviews seem to be in favor.

edit: i have 11.5 TB total storage at the moment*

I have Photos of the whole setup too if your interested :wp

but yeah let us know how you go with the MI game(s)

I did end up picking up Caribbean and sids pirates because my disc for that is lost in the under sea locker that is my storage :facepalm

Will take some new decent quality photos for you once the sun is up a bit and i haves some light :onya

IMAG0266.jpg

Vengeance C70 Case whole thing is made of metal and has handles on the top looks kinda like an ammo tin rely useful, mobo is MSI z77a G545 gameing ,ram is Corsair Vengeance Pro - 4x8GB at 1600MHz , Gigabyte GTX 660 video card and i have no idea what that cpu cooler is called all i know is that it has a cylindrical fan on the inside of it cost me $40 and is rare in Australia.

damn that is still blurry but not much i can do better at the moment sorry*
i7 2600 and i have 8 fans in there helps with summer here alot**

:facepalm and the hard drives , segate 1.5tb wd green 1tb , 2tb ,3tb and now 4tb Xd i use the greens because i can get them for cheap and the speed does not bother me because its just for storage they allso seem to have been able to take alot of abuse that comes with my moving house back and forth every week .

Last edited:
:keith Show me. Everyone else is using laptops.

Not everyone mate, I am still using the rig I built back in 2008. AMD Phenom 9850 Quadcore, it sure aint state of the art, but it does everything I need it to do quite nicely! Of course, I have tweaked it over the years, it now supports USB 3 and SATA 3, and boots quite nicely on a Samsung 840 SSD. :onya

And I would like to point out yet again that anyone with a ribbon can post front page news stories! :wp

I don't think the Donator ribbon lets you post in the news but that makes sense.

Click on your avatar and the right at the top if you look carefully there is a place to update your status.

On the subject of hardware, I replaced the intel Q6600 rig I bought in 2007 with this home made rig. The AMD 8350 is 4.ghz @ 1.256 volts stock and is running at 4.8ghz @ 1.52volts today. That changes constantly as there is a 9590 sitting in the drawer that can run at 5 ghz. That thing rocks, especially on new games that use lots of cores. HOO uses Unity and the 9590 just eats it up. In fact I need to buy a 2nd R9 280X video card just to keep up.

I only have 2 500gb hard drives. Guess they aren't a priority. 4-4gb of G Skill ram running at 1912 mhz today. That will change.

I spent a lot of time optimizing air flow through the case. The cpu cooler has 2 big fans blowing out a big gaping hole in the back and there are 4-120mm intake fans.

I have a lot of time and a little money to play with it.

You should see if you can pick up some second hand or factory hard drives on the cheap , my 1TB Green came out of an E-Machine i did some work on and ended up scrapping, the cpu cooler was clogged with cigarette tar and there was even a dead mouse in the bottom i couldn't believe it. Either way the drive smells a little funky but it was free :D just keep an eye on garage sales and pc fairs.

The 4tb was $175 and i have a 2tb Red that cost $75 in my partners rig i dont know how expensive that would be in American / overseas terms they're probably cheaper*

Last edited:
Back