• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Step by step walkthrough for the introduction of Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
Before i start i want to say that this is only my personal way of playing the introduction and that there might be other ways to do it. Also i could have missed possibilities or didn´t feel the need of playing them. Even my English isn´t perfect but i´m giving my best. So please feel free to correct my walkthrough whenever you want. Well then let’s start:

01. You should start with plundering all open houses in the city because the chests inside can give good loot to you for selling or using yourself. You should always save your game before you enter a door because the things in the chests are random generated and the people inside could also catch you steeling their things. If so, just reload and give it another try. The biggest values have weapons and heavy purses. The founded Money you have to equip in your inventory first, before you can sell it to a dealer at the marketplace. Good luck!

Note: You should be careful with spending too much money; you might miss it in the end

02. Next you should go to the tavern to play cards and dice with the guests. You can win thousands of pesos with that if you don´t let them win. Save your game before you ask them and reload it if you lose. Also not all of them want to play, just some. You have to find out. You can do that for a long time till they tell you that they don´t want to play more with you because you are a notorious cheater. But till then you made enough money with that and after you are free for everything in this game, you won´t need that anymore.

03. Rent a room till the next morning and put all your favorite stuff like weapons, money and healing potions in the nightstand of your room. As a weapon to equip, you can use a cheap and for the moment unnecessary harpoon for example before the next step.

04. Go to the governor; he will take everything from your inventory and put you in prison for a short time. You will be freed after but you won´t get anything back from your personal things, so better don´t carry more than a cheap weapon when you visit him the first time.

05. After prison go to the governor again and he will excuse himself and give you an ordinary sword, pistol and leather suite. Nothing really special but something to start.

06. Leave the town hall from the governor and turn left to the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden). The entrance is covered with swords and shields. Visit your brother in the cellblock down in the cellar and talk to him for a while.

07. Go to the shipyard owner and ask him for a ship. He will offer you the Lugger which your brother spoke about for 17.000 Pesos that you have to organize know.

08. Leave the shipyard and look out for a nobleman named Jourdain Valliere. I met him near the market place. He will ask you to bring him a whore from the brothel and gives you 6.000 Pesos for that.

09. Go to the brothel mother but save your game before you enter because the price that she will ask from you differs, depending on the answer you give to her. Don´t pay her more than 3.000 Pesos.

10. Go to the tavern and rent a room till the next morning. Take back all your things and money from the nightstand and go down to play cards and dice with the guests again. Don´t forget to save before asking them.

11. Go to the harbormaster. He will tell you about someone that might need help.

12. Leave the harbormaster´s office and talk to the man with the long gun near the city gate to your left. Agree to help him saving his daughter from the Indians.

13. Leave the city to the jungle and turn left. You will see two thieves running away from a robbed dead man. Loot his corps and find two special earrings that you can sell to the storeowner for 4.000 Pesos later on. But first you have follow the way where the two thieves had gone and turn right to a cave where you will have to fight against some Indians. You don´t have to take care of the gunman here because he can´t die anyway. After killing all of them outside and inside the cave, loot their bodies because one of them has good things in his pockets. Also the caves chest might have something good. After returning to the city you will receive your reward in the amount of 8.000 Pesos and 35 Gold coins all together. The Money you have to equip in your inventory first, before you can sell it to a dealer at the marketplace and don´t forget to sell the earrings to the storeowner.

14. Pass the time with your recreations menu till 23:00 PM and enter the brothel to fetch up the blond whore named Lutisse for the nobleman. Take her to the nobleman´s house right in front of the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden).

Note: From now on you have a fast travel menu available

15. You should have enough money by now to buy your ship for 17.000 Pesos from the shipyard.

16. Go to tavern, ask the barkeeper for a crew and pay 8.000 Pesos for it to the captain at the table in the corner behind you. Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money as often as you can.

17. First ask the barkeeper again, then the citizens in the street, then the prison warden and at least the banker for a navigator.

18. Pass the time with your recreations menu till 21:00 PM and go by feet to Le Marin Cove in the jungle to free the Spanish engineer from the pirates. Return to the city gate and don´t pass it before 23:00 PM to avoid meeting guards. Save your game, enter and leave houses on your way back to the banker because the guards are everywhere in the streets and you are of course not allowed to fight against your own people.

19. Go to the prison warden and ask him to free the navigator.

20. Meet the navigator in your ships cabin. He will give you a shopping list with the things you have to buy for leaving. Don´t forget to equip him in your inventory after you fulfilled his recommendations.

21. Travel to Le Francois by ship and talk to the barkeeper there about the transport of wine. Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money again.

22. Go to sea and enter the little pirate’s ship out there, because you may not be strong enough to use canons already. Sink it after you took all goods from it.

23. Travel to Guadeloupe and talk to Fadey for a while. He is living in the same house that formally belonged to Ascold in AoP2CoAS. You should also plunder all houses here, so you will find him anyway ;) Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money again if they are not calling you a notorious cheater already ;)

24. Return to your brother in the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden) in Martinique and talk to him again. He will also teach you how to load your pistol faster by crafting bullets with powder (alchemy).

Well, that was it. Now you are free to explore the whole wide open world and do whatever you like or can of course. If you want to pay back your brothers owe first, you should return to Fadey in Guadeloupe and ask him for work. Enjoy yourself! I hope i could help :)

For the ones that would like to print this walkthrough i uploaded a PDF-File.

Attachments

• Introduction for SDTEHO.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,705
problems I encountered.
1. when starting you only have 500$ so spent several days stealing from the houses from St. Pierre and La Francos and selling them to the merchants just to buy a harpoon
2. the guy only had a machete @ a cost of 1,400$ (I had raised nearly 3000K and finally bought the machete, and I checked back a few min latter and he had a harpoon)
3. changed my weaponry and then went to the tavern and got a room, stored my $ (most of it) and original sword/weapons
4. went to the gov, got arrested, released, went back to the gov and got the sword, pistol and armor.
5. I went to see the brother in the prison, then shipyard, then did the whore mission, rented a room and only a little of my $ was left, the sword was gone. that's as far as I've gotten since restarting.

6. Harbor master/Rescue Girl mission simple enough if you have a pistol and don't take to many hits from the Indians.
(if you haven't played cards/dice to raise extra $ then by the time you do the whore/harbor/rescue missions you will only have bout 20K after completion) as well as the earrings you sell to the store owner. buy the boat which knocks you down to bout 4K then do the store assistant mission
7. Store assistant mission
a. talk to the store owner, he will send you to La Francois to talk to his former assistant who will tell you he doesn't want to work for him
b. go back to the store owner in St. Pierre he will ask you find another, so you go back to La Francois and talk to the bar owner (1K payment) have a couple of drinks with tavern patrons till 3 guys show up. talk to each, then choose the one in the middle he pays the highest, return to the store owner for reward
then come back an hour later and get more $.
and you should have right @ 9K to hire a crew.
this is where I am at now. I'll add more as I go along.
(Sam I do have a printout and am using it, the only thing you left off was the "Store Assistant Mission")
BTW
"17. First ask the barkeeper again, then the citizens in the street, then the prison warden and at least the banker for a navigator." <----who do I look for on the streets to ask for navigator and which prison warden? (fort or malta) I cant seem to find anyone that will help me with this one.

Last edited:
1. We are having a misunderstanding with the Harpoon. I didn´t mean that you shall buy it from merchants. I ment that you can find all kinds of weapons in the chests of the houses; it´s random generated; you just have to be patient in that. Except Amuletts, bullets and powder you don´t have to buy anything from them. Instead you should sell what you find and raise your money with that.

2. I played the introduction of the game already 5 times and always found all money, swords and axes in the nightstand of my tavern´s room. Can´t understand your loss. Maybe it´s because i´m playing as an "athletics and basic swordfighting" man or we are playing different versions of the game. Don´t know and really sorry for that loss Ben. Maybe it´s possible to avoid that by renting a room directly after the governor took everything from you and before you visit your brother the first time.

3. I knew about the Storeowners Quest to find his Assistant but wasn´t interested because of the bad payment of just $ 1.000.

4. For the Navigator you have to ask all citizens in the streets for informations till you find the right one; it´s random generated. The prison warden you will find in the city´s prison; it´s left from the store. You can also get there by using your fast travel menu.

And don´t forget my friend, the introduction isn´t the only moment where you run out of money easily. After you are free for everything you won´t be able to attack everything like you wish to, because of your very low skills. You will need a HELL OF A MONEY to pay for Officers, Crew, Shiprepair and loss of Cargo through Rat damn attacks. And as if that isn´t enough already, you are even forced to fight against other ships as soon as you start working for Fadey in Guadeloupe because other ships are 3 times faster than you suddenly and won´t let you escape. I´m already very frustrated at the momentxD

EDIT: Extra for you i installed the steam version today (because i prefer to play another version) to proof if i´m going to lose my weapon and parts of my money after i´ve been to the governor and my brother. I can proof now by screenshot that i didn´t and i also uploaded a screenshot for you that proofs, that weapons are randomly existing in chest´s of houses; also Harpoons. It seems to be the same mystery as with swordblocking: You can, i can´t;)

Bedrooms_Nightstand.jpg
Chest_Weapons.jpg

Last edited:
I actually made 4K on the store assistant mission, the 4K I got from that plus 4K from stealing in houses and selling the goods (and yes I searched every house in both towns and never could get the harpoon so finally I bout the machete) made it 8K to hire a crew, which is where I'm trying to find the person in the street to start the navigator mission.

Passage for Corsairs: Return of the Legends (English branch)
Quest first. Support Albermalya Duke.

Well Modiforda instruct us to accompany his relatives on Antigua in St. John's, the problem is in the fact that the Spaniards want the Duke's head. Once the sail to the island on us to attack the Spanish pelvis (kakoy-to flutes, they could not for the main character to make a gift in the form of a frigate, with excellent performance), pelvis or drown abordiruem, then go to the residence of the mayor and Albermal will dispatch to Modiforda , go to Modiforda and get their legal 50 thousand piastres.

Quest second. Convince famous pirate attack on Curacao.

Well, actually there are sailing first to Mansfield, but he does not want to attack Curacao, since he himself a Dutchman, then sail to Bermuda to Dzhekmenu, but also get a failure, then sail to Morgan in Antigua, but he also refused, but offered to meet on Jamaica, at his residence. Then we sail to Morris on Trinidad and Tobago, and there is also refusal obtain. Well sailed to Modiforda, and he will not be pleased, but the reward we get only from time for performance it will be generated.

Quest third. Offer Henry Morgan.

Morgan in residence at Yamakye we propose to attack Belize that Maine (This quest will act if after Morgan's proposal for a meeting in Jamaica took place less than a month). But the attack will go, because there is information, if there is gold, which soon will go to the Old World. All their ships except the flagship, if we have a need to put into Port Authority. Now sail to Bermuda on Dzhekmenu and Morris to Trinidad and Tobago, to persuade them not to be a problem.

Then swim to Belize and destroy the fort, although it is better to start to order ships Morris and Jackman to swim away from the fort, just their ships feeble (of the corvette and the galleon) and better maintain and the reserve we did not hurt, then set down, destroying the fort garrison , the city seize and go to the mayor to ask where the gold is, and it lies at the fort, where, and we will automatically transfer, where we speak to each pirate. In conversation with Morgan, he will tell us how successful was the surgery and offers to buy us all (or part) of gold 200 gold per piece (it is us that fools holds? Because gold can be sold, and for 600 gold apiece, although if hold too full, it is better to sell a part). We say goodbye to the members of the expedition, and they come from the squadron.

Quest fourth. Exploration in Curacao.

A new job will send us in Curacao, pre Modiforda give marketing authorization, in the city, you can go two ways, either by putting a friendly Dutch flag or through the jungle. Then go to the tavern owner and he sells us information for 1000 gold (I must say that we want to sell koe-chto), then we will send it to the lender, who agrees to sell the information for 100 thousand gold, then he gives a tip to the brig, standing on anchored in the port of Curacao, take it on board the ship, and in one of the chests of the captain's cabin there is a secret order, which means that it is necessary to strengthen the fort Orange. Now we sail to Modiforda and get 110 thousand piastres.

Quest fifth. The attack on the settlement of the Dutch Fort Orange.

Once we get to the location, access to the jungles of Fort Orange will begin the assault. Then go to the residence where there is a strong governor, it will be difficult to chop.

Quest sixth. Captain corsair frigate Morris Williams.

We get a new job from Madiford. The goal is, is to talk with the English marque Morris Williams, returning from a successful campaign. We give permission, according to which the frigate Williams allowed in Port Royal for the sale of goods. We leave in the sea and come to the shore to the frigate Favourite, send the boat and are bringing order to the governor of Williamson. He accepted the offer and we come back for a reward, which is 5000.

After receiving the award, go to the port, where we fit Simon Burd, a boatswain Favourite ship. He sends us a message from the captain, according to which Morris is waiting for us in the tavern. Moving into the tavern, go up to the second floor and talk to Morris Williams. He accuses us, that he confiscated the goods. We say to him that we shall understand and go to the residence to Madiford. We learn that from ishpantsami world and products nourish ishpanii, well, what else is there two versions of the easiest return Morris debt, and the second to ask the Port Authority about the fact whether the court left the port of Spanish, we learn about the ship, followed by chasing after him to Puerto Rica. Then nourish back into English town and leaving the tavern we met the boatswain, and he says that Williams put and disperses team.

Well go to the warden, and he will say that this order Modiforda, Modiforda send us back to the moneylender and usurer to send us away, well, what did ask in the church about the sins moneylender, and he us sends to George. Ettenberi, it can be found in port. The port is a girl and ask her about the moneylender, she tells the story of this miserable damned bourgeois and their family. Her husband gone, you have to understand it, she said that her husband went out of town and did not return. We leave the city and go all the time straight until we reach the cave. Then kill the smugglers and saving her husband, then we will know about the dirt on the usurer, Well go to the lender, this time he was kind, and he even came down to the fact that withdrew charges against Morris. Next Morris thanked us.

Personally, I think that it is better to take yes to pay the debt, not sure how you think and act so, but running it.

Quest seventh. Find treasures known corsairs.
In general it is necessary to find the treasure of famous pirate, and here is a list:
1. Uitson- Cartagena
2. Svart- Trinidad
3. Gay-Turks
4. Kuper- Dominica
5. Breningem- Cayman
6. Gudli- Cuba
7. Blayvelt- Guadeloupe
Total ingots 2100 and gizmos for the Captain, when you find all the bars, then go to Modiforda and get 10% of the production, which is 70 thousand piastres.

Quest eighth. To Edward Mansfield for gold.

Sail to La Vega for the gold, and the people there, for some reason do not have, then find a pirate and find out that the Spaniards carried the settlement and that Mansfield and half pirates perished, and the rest sit in the jungle. Now then, or run to Cuba and take boarded the ship, where we find some gold, as well as a letter to the governor Pardalyu Santiago. There is another option to just sail Modiforda and announce "great" news.

Quest ninth. The attack on Santiago.

You've got to avenge Mansfield that we actually do, defeating the fort and plundered the city will be preserved, as you will wait Pardalyu squadron of 4 ships, well, what if there is a power fight, if not swim away. Truth is better to bring chaos and order one of the ships, if it is in the spread of the fire-ship kachevstve ships. Sailed to Jamaica Modiforda send us back to Morgan, who will give us his rapier as Mansiflid was like a father to him, and it is gratitude for revenge.

Quest tenth. The attack of the Spanish squadron at Port Royal.

In the sea we will have to wait for a large fleet, what are the new ships in the squadron will not prevent us, and take on board the ship warships and Manowar and galleons in the bottom of the sea.

Quest eleventh. Capturing Caracas and Cumana.

Nothing special, just a grab for England two colonies.

Quest twelfth. To clarify the situation at St. John's.

The next task will give us a month, the governor will tell you that for a long time did not receive documentation from St Johns, we have to deal with it. We sail in Antigua, moor in the port of St. John's and go to the residence. And there we were met by a good-natured man Lynch, who ask who we are, and when he learns to say that we have arrested Modiforda, what is going to be arrested when the enter the residence, Modiforda gets wind that we had come to arrest him and call the guard, well, what will destroy protection, and then Modiforda in prison. Returns the next month and Lynch will tell you that we have received the title of Knight, and we will get 2 million piastres. Do not forget to have another talk with Lynch to get the rank of Admiral.

Untitled-1.jpg

@1crash007

Sorry, but your walkthrough is for the game Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships and we are talking about Sea Dogs: To Each His Own here.

@Ben Coats

As i mentioned in my walkthrough, you have to save your game before you are going into a house and reload your save till you find weapons in their chests. You have to be very patient for that. To make a screenshot for you about that Ben, i had to reload my prior save about 30 times till i found the weapons in the chests inside the house because it´s random generated. This is not easy going at all;)

Ok here's a few things. I have finished the tutorial and have 30K to my name.

How you ask?

Do everything mentioned, but Sam forgot to mention the Wine mission, it is EXTREMELY important, and will double your money. ALWAYS go to the fort and do the wine mission BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR SHIP. This way you will have 60K before buying the ship, crew, and outfitting.

Remember, FORT -> THEN BUY SHIP. You need to use the money you saved so you can spend 30k on wines, and deliver them to the soldiers, so they will double what you just spent.

Also. I never bothered visiting the governor except to get the map (which you can sell for 5K which again, is important for the initial funds to buy the wines.) You can avoid him entirely by asking around town and then getting directed to the church.

As for the navigator. Ask everyone. OVER AND OVER again. It took me like half an hour for someone to tell me he was in prison. I vaguely remember the person looking kind of like a sailor, but keep asking around town anyway. Its going to take a while. Keep at it.

Frankly, use the Steam guide. You WILL need it to do the tutorial properly.

It can be found here. Steam Community :: Guide :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own Walkthrough

To find the wine mission, you will need to go to the fort. I highly recommend doing this right before you buy your ship. Maybe before the smuggling mission. So like this:

1. First day do pimping(say you are looking for a blonde to get a cheaper rate on the hooker) and daughter saving missions. (Get earrings from body that two natives run from. Press 1. Then deliver them to the govna' and sell the map to the bald robe jesuit trader in the marketplace.)

2. Second day do Wine mission and store-keeper mission (the one where you find him a new worker. ALWAYS choose the employee that offers you amber as he is worth 5000.) Altogether you should have around 30k at this point to start the wine mission. Then go to fort, and the guard at the entrance will say he needs wine. Ask about it at marketplace. Buy 1 for 700. Deliver on day 3. Hes at the very top of the fort.

3. Now he will want more. Remember how you had 30k or more? Good. Go back to the marketplace and ask for a big order of wine this time. Dude will ask for 1,000. Go to store, get rejected. Back to marketplace, dude will charge 2,000. NOW you can spend 30k on 60 bottles of wine. This will turn into 60k for you.

Then you do smuggling mission. THEN you buy your ship. With around 38k leftover if you are selling all you can sell. Get it? Got it? Good.

I said the same thing about the old peter blood start. Then again, I didn't know any better back then.

The developers have talked about removing the encryption, so hopefully mods will come out that remove the tutorial or add money or whatever

I said the same thing about the old peter blood start. Then again, I didn't know any better back then.

The developers have talked about removing the encryption, so hopefully mods will come out that remove the tutorial or add money or whatever

I sure hope so, I'm in bad need of mods for $. to help me, I suck @ math.
I found this useful.
1. steal as much loot from the houses as you can for a little while, then go to the grotto/cave put all your $ and trinkets in the chest, go to the gov in St. Pierre and get arrested to start mission (go back to the grotto and get your $/trinkets) haven't uploaded the vid yet, but I will it'll be on my youtube channel.
2. go back to the gov. get sword, pistol and armor. start the rest of the quest.
3. payment for the whore is 2,500$ is the lowest I've done.

Last edited:
Burden Gascon
Talk to a sailor, run deep into the island and go to the residence. Its very easy to find. Talk with the governor, sitting on a chair. You arrested. In a short time to the grid chamber suitable Philippe de Poinsot. Talk to him, the things you do not return, but you are now free! It is time to understand that this same brother had done. Go outside, immediately turn right and go around the building. Here is the entrance to the dungeon - go down there, find the stairs to the lower deck and move in his direction. Turn right and the far right cell look for his brother. Talk to Michel de Monpa people.

So, we need to get the ship (Michelle introduced him bail of 5,000 pesos, but still need 15000), hire a navigator, go to Guadeloupe, find Fadeev, knock out his duty in a peaceful way, then go back to his brother. Follow to the pier, the left will shipyard - go inside and talk to Gaspar Blondel shipbuilder. So, should you now he is 17,000 pesos, they should return in 3 days. Follow the tavern, which is approximately opposite to the left of the pier (near to the shipyard), talk to the landlord about the job.<-----Who is Fadeev?? I've been all over St. Pierre and La Francois and can't find him anywhere, I'm not getting this part of the tutorial @ all.

Rum for Bartender
(Quest taken in Barmen in the tavern)

For this task will start at 19.00 is necessary. When it's 19.05, the journal entry is updated - boat delivered to the pier. Go left on the pier and go on a boat. Press the Enter key, select the "Swim to the Port of Le Francois." To select a tailwind, landed in port and again climb aboard the barge. Hence swim along the shore to the left, skirting the rock, swim right up to the next left turn. Rounding the second rock, move the compass to the north (N). Around 02.00 there press Enter, then click "Send the boat" in the list on the top left icon should appear Ghost Ship - click on it. To you will approach the ship's captain - tell him the password. Passwords in the game is randomly generated. If you ever forget it, and do not record, here are a few:

Boards and tow will be the morning

Do not wait for the south wind

Old Thomas been waiting for beer

Camels go north

Bay is ready for landing

Write in such transcription, in which the landlord has given you - no need to set the end point! Having rum, swim back to the port of Le Francois. Landed in the port, talk to the men, and go to the tavern Saint-Pierre for a reward.

Waited till after 03:15 and no ghost ship........:(:confused::no:rolleyes::confused::confused::no:no:unsure:unsure
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...engine 2016-02-21 23-04-55-47_zpsqz99yg7x.png

@Ben Coats

1. You made the mistake that you didn´t follow the advice from the captain in the tavern. He told you to buy a minimum of cargo for the ship (the quantity amount is written in your quest log) and return to him after. You can only pay him for a crew after that step and you can only start asking the citizens in the street after you paid the captain for a crew.

2. I mentioned Fadey at point 23. in my walkthrough. Be careful with the Steam guide. It is helpful in one way but confusing in another. I don´t know how many beers that guy already had, that wrote such kind of strange mixture. It is by all means only partly helpful for us. Better follow Redbeard´s recommendations; he knows how to separate wheat from chaff.

You shouldn´t mind to start all over again Ben; i´ll do the same today (because of the missed winemission too) but this time i´ll start SEASOND because i´m afraid that NORMAL is already like HARDCORE in this bloody gamexD

Good luck this time!

Last edited:
Back