• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Step by step walkthrough for the introduction of Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

So did you get any progress on the quest? Is the gypsy fortune teller or monk know what it is or maybe it's an Indian related quest. Maybe try your brother or Fadey.
Just hope it isn't a leftover from undeveloped quest.
And about the governor wife quest, what is your reputaion? Some quest need your reputation to be a certain level to available to you, the good guy and bad guy related quest.

So did you get any progress on the quest? Is the gypsy fortune teller or monk know what it is or maybe it's an Indian related quest. Maybe try your brother or Fadey.
Just hope it isn't a leftover from undeveloped quest.
And about the governor wife quest, what is your reputaion? Some quest need your reputation to be a certain level to available to you, the good guy and bad guy related quest.

My reputation was uknown honest captain. No, I haven't had the chance to play today, but I will let you know when I try. I didn't aks the fortune teller woman, but it seems a nice clue...

It's just a wild guess because the only people i can think of when it come to strange plant are gypsy fortune tell, monk, indian, your brother and fadey. Otherwise, it maybe relate to some undeveloped quest.

That's manga rosa quest. You must speak with the potion sellers (the one in Martinique) and after that with the gypsy women walking the streets. But that is a waste of manga rosa. There are a small number of them. Manga Rosa is really useful in the Caleuche quest to make three permanent potions. And for that 15 plants are needed. Dont waste them on the gypsy.

That's manga rosa quest. You must speak with the potion sellers (the one in Martinique) and after that with the gypsy women walking the streets. But that is a waste of manga rosa. There are a small number of them. Manga Rosa is really useful in the Caleuche quest to make three permanent potions. And for that 15 plants are needed. Dont waste them on the gypsy.

Thanks for the tip bro!

One more question: France suddenly turned hostile to me after failing to do a governor quest. I got a log update and a message telling: France has put a price on your head...
Any way to fix my relations? After all, France is the native nation in this game...

Ok, I got two questions: have you guys ever seen a ship surrender?
And did you ever see a mast falling from the ship?

I have fought enough naval battles so far and haven't seen none of this. Seems like they removed the surrender possibility and also the masts are not falling...

Yep, once in a battle between Spain and France, i join up with my ship and one of the Spanish brig surrendered while the other two got blow up. I also seen one ship surrender after just one boarding battle, it show a message like the crew realize the situation is hopeless so they give up.

If you want to see a mast falling from ship, use chain shot at close range. The bigger the gun and the smaller the enemy, the more likely the mast will get broken. My Man of war once dismasted a Lugger with one close range broadside.

Thing i haven't seen are ship dropping mine while running away or use kamikaze style attack. They just drop their cargo.

Yep, once in a battle between Spain and France, i join up with my ship and one of the Spanish brig surrendered while the other two got blow up. I also seen one ship surrender after just one boarding battle, it show a message like the crew realize the situation is hopeless so they give up.

If you want to see a mast falling from ship, use chain shot at close range. The bigger the gun and the smaller the enemy, the more likely the mast will get broken. My Man of war once dismasted a Lugger with one close range broadside.

Thing i haven't seen are ship dropping mine while running away or use kamikaze style attack. They just drop their cargo.

Well, it's nice to know that. Do you, by any chance, know where I can see the new features of SD:TEHO? Like: how many ships are in the game, how many weapons, special locations, differences between AoP2 and SD:TEHO... I was googling a lot, but haven't found anything about it.

I love the place call bay of peril, i spend my time there to train my skill in personal combat. At every section there are always 4 Indians charging at you so i just goes back and forth to fight them. Try it out. Bring along officer to train their combat stats too.

when you have officer you want to give weapon to, assign him as boarder. Stand close to him, press enter, there will be an exchange icon with red and blue arrows. Then just like you put item into storage or buying/selling item at shop. If you gave him gun, give him ammo too. Bullet and gunpowder or cartridge. After you have given one of those two, enter into conversation with him and choose his ammo type for him. When your officer refuse to equip an item automatically, you can for him by entering the item tab using f2, select the item and press equip, enter exchange mode and take away his previous item. For some reason pistol doesn't work that way so you can't force equip on your officer.

when you have officer you want to give weapon to, assign him as boarder. Stand close to him, press enter, there will be an exchange icon with red and blue arrows. Then just like you put item into storage or buying/selling item at shop. If you gave him gun, give him ammo too. Bullet and gunpowder or cartridge. After you have given one of those two, enter into conversation with him and choose his ammo type for him. When your officer refuse to equip an item automatically, you can for him by entering the item tab using f2, select the item and press equip, enter exchange mode and take away his previous item. For some reason pistol doesn't work that way so you can't force equip on your officer.

Ok, thanks! :)

Hello! I heard there are some time sensitive quests in this game. The Final lesson is of course level restricted. Which quests have a time limitation and are there other restrictions in some quests?

hello step a file that has the tutorial completed replace it in the game folder and enjoy

Attachments

• tutorial completed.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 350
Is there any way to "disable Auto reload handguns" after it has been chosen from the beginning of the game? And does it apply to the ai also?

Before i start i want to say that this is only my personal way of playing the introduction and that there might be other ways to do it. Also i could have missed possibilities or didn´t feel the need of playing them. Even my English isn´t perfect but i´m giving my best. So please feel free to correct my walkthrough whenever you want. Well then let’s start:

01. You should start with plundering all open houses in the city because the chests inside can give good loot to you for selling or using yourself. You should always save your game before you enter a door because the things in the chests are random generated and the people inside could also catch you steeling their things. If so, just reload and give it another try. The biggest values have weapons and heavy purses. The founded Money you have to equip in your inventory first, before you can sell it to a dealer at the marketplace. Good luck!

Note: You should be careful with spending too much money; you might miss it in the end

02. Next you should go to the tavern to play cards and dice with the guests. You can win thousands of pesos with that if you don´t let them win. Save your game before you ask them and reload it if you lose. Also not all of them want to play, just some. You have to find out. You can do that for a long time till they tell you that they don´t want to play more with you because you are a notorious cheater. But till then you made enough money with that and after you are free for everything in this game, you won´t need that anymore.

03. Rent a room till the next morning and put all your favorite stuff like weapons, money and healing potions in the nightstand of your room. As a weapon to equip, you can use a cheap and for the moment unnecessary harpoon for example before the next step.

04. Go to the governor; he will take everything from your inventory and put you in prison for a short time. You will be freed after but you won´t get anything back from your personal things, so better don´t carry more than a cheap weapon when you visit him the first time.

05. After prison go to the governor again and he will excuse himself and give you an ordinary sword, pistol and leather suite. Nothing really special but something to start.

06. Leave the town hall from the governor and turn left to the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden). The entrance is covered with swords and shields. Visit your brother in the cellblock down in the cellar and talk to him for a while.

07. Go to the shipyard owner and ask him for a ship. He will offer you the Lugger which your brother spoke about for 17.000 Pesos that you have to organize know.

08. Leave the shipyard and look out for a nobleman named Jourdain Valliere. I met him near the market place. He will ask you to bring him a whore from the brothel and gives you 6.000 Pesos for that.

09. Go to the brothel mother but save your game before you enter because the price that she will ask from you differs, depending on the answer you give to her. Don´t pay her more than 3.000 Pesos.

10. Go to the tavern and rent a room till the next morning. Take back all your things and money from the nightstand and go down to play cards and dice with the guests again. Don´t forget to save before asking them.

11. Go to the harbormaster. He will tell you about someone that might need help.

12. Leave the harbormaster´s office and talk to the man with the long gun near the city gate to your left. Agree to help him saving his daughter from the Indians.

13. Leave the city to the jungle and turn left. You will see two thieves running away from a robbed dead man. Loot his corps and find two special earrings that you can sell to the storeowner for 4.000 Pesos later on. But first you have follow the way where the two thieves had gone and turn right to a cave where you will have to fight against some Indians. You don´t have to take care of the gunman here because he can´t die anyway. After killing all of them outside and inside the cave, loot their bodies because one of them has good things in his pockets. Also the caves chest might have something good. After returning to the city you will receive your reward in the amount of 8.000 Pesos and 35 Gold coins all together. The Money you have to equip in your inventory first, before you can sell it to a dealer at the marketplace and don´t forget to sell the earrings to the storeowner.

14. Pass the time with your recreations menu till 23:00 PM and enter the brothel to fetch up the blond whore named Lutisse for the nobleman. Take her to the nobleman´s house right in front of the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden).

Note: From now on you have a fast travel menu available

15. You should have enough money by now to buy your ship for 17.000 Pesos from the shipyard.

16. Go to tavern, ask the barkeeper for a crew and pay 8.000 Pesos for it to the captain at the table in the corner behind you. Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money as often as you can.

17. First ask the barkeeper again, then the citizens in the street, then the prison warden and at least the banker for a navigator.

18. Pass the time with your recreations menu till 21:00 PM and go by feet to Le Marin Cove in the jungle to free the Spanish engineer from the pirates. Return to the city gate and don´t pass it before 23:00 PM to avoid meeting guards. Save your game, enter and leave houses on your way back to the banker because the guards are everywhere in the streets and you are of course not allowed to fight against your own people.

19. Go to the prison warden and ask him to free the navigator.

20. Meet the navigator in your ships cabin. He will give you a shopping list with the things you have to buy for leaving. Don´t forget to equip him in your inventory after you fulfilled his recommendations.

21. Travel to Le Francois by ship and talk to the barkeeper there about the transport of wine. Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money again.

22. Go to sea and enter the little pirate’s ship out there, because you may not be strong enough to use canons already. Sink it after you took all goods from it.

23. Travel to Guadeloupe and talk to Fadey for a while. He is living in the same house that formally belonged to Ascold in AoP2CoAS. You should also plunder all houses here, so you will find him anyway ;) Don´t forget to play cards and dice with the guest´s to raise your money again if they are not calling you a notorious cheater already ;)

24. Return to your brother in the soldier’s accommodation (maltese orden) in Martinique and talk to him again. He will also teach you how to load your pistol faster by crafting bullets with powder (alchemy).

Well, that was it. Now you are free to explore the whole wide open world and do whatever you like or can of course. If you want to pay back your brothers owe first, you should return to Fadey in Guadeloupe and ask him for work. Enjoy yourself! I hope i could help :)

For the ones that would like to print this walkthrough i uploaded a PDF-File.
Good job!! Well done mate!! :thumbs1

Back