• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help "sticky" spyglass

kekc

Landlubber
Hello all! Is there anyway to disable "sticky" spyglass feature? (when it "feels" ships in a fog or even on otherside of a land) Thank you!

I honestly wouldn't know..... Have a look through PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\ispyglass.c . I think that was the correct name.

Thanks,Pieter!

Sadly I haven't found any parameters which should be changed in ispyglass.c, although it appears to be right place for search.
It seems to me that better chunk of code works with what information and how accurately it will be displayed in the battle interface depending on class of spyglass. I will search further. Thanks! Anyway if anybody out there has any ideas to help me I would certainly appreciate it!

I've noticed that spyglass "sticky" feature works only with ships but it doesn't with forts. I wonder why. Is there any difference between ships and forts in game engine? Is fort just a "static ship" or they are completely different objects?

The "sticky" feature is disabled in COAS and it makes it dificult to see ships well in rough seas.

The "sticky" feature is disabled in COAS and it makes it dificult to see ships well in rough seas.
Thanks! Is it disabled in vanilla game or it does by mod?

To be honest I've got a lot of questions and I've understood that it will be better to do some research himself.
Please answer me some newbie questions about the game!
I'm not a programmer, but I have some basic knowledge of objects, scripts, func etc.

1) What scripting language used in PoTC? Is it С++ or C-like lang in .c and .h files? Then how does it work without compiler? What is it?
2) Where is main func? ingame console?
3) Is there any hardcoded functions and parameters? which can't be modified through modding
4) Significant one! Is there any tutorials/manuals/docs about PoTC architecture? functions references etc.? Where should I start from? Later I found > 250 pages of information in "New Horizons Tutorials & History.pdf"! Thank you guys for you works. It's awesome!

And sorry if it's not right place to post this questions ;) Peace!

Last edited:
I never played vanilla COAS, so can not say when it was done. I suspect it is vanilla.

Pieter is the best one to answer your other questions.

The language is based on C but not quite the same.
A lot of code is editable in the PROGRAM folder. The main file that the game starts with is seadogs.c .
All files are loaded and interpreted by the game engine when the game is started.

There is also functionality hidden in the ENGINE.exe and MODULES folder. These cannot be modded.

Back