• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Still Unaswered?

makky07

Landlubber
Iv'e seen it posted elsewhere and still no answer after 3 yrs? Can't Moor at grotto and have both pieces of map...Any and all suggestions would be appreciated..Before I have to start a new game..i have 1.5 installed and the nocd fix ....

The reason why this is unanswered is because of the game, AOP1, which most of the people here either dont have or dont play... (blunt but true)

Iv'e seen it posted elsewhere and still no answer after 3 yrs? Can't Moor at grotto and have both pieces of map...Any and all suggestions would be appreciated..Before I have to start a new game..i have 1.5 installed and the nocd fix ....

Just to make sure, im talking about Age of Pirates Carribean Tales.. and I figured since its basically the first part of the storyline that some fix or explination would have come out by now....

Did you use the individual patches, or the repack done by Danny2007? I had the same problem with using the individual patches, and never did figure a way around it. Ended up having to do a reinstall.

There's been no solution because really nobody played Caribbean Tales when it came out thanks to the copy protection, and there's only one or two people active on here that know the "guts" of the game. Me not included. I just play 'em. xD:

You can grab the repack from the link in my sig or off the downloads page. :yes

I just hope it works for him.
laugh.gif
AOP does some really strange things sometimes. Not to mention it's the only StarForce-protected older game I've ever gotten to run on Windows 7, which makes it that much freakier.

Yeah its not coming near my new supercomputer :no
You do not need to install Starforce in order to play AOP. Either get a NoDVD patch, e.g. from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/; or install the Supermod. (If you're using a NoDVD patch with a basic or updated installation, make sure to get the right one; there are different patches depending on whether you're playing version 1.41 or 1.5.)

Installed straight from DVD or with an official patch, AOP asks to install Starforce when you first play the game, not during installation. If you've then installed either a NoDVD patch or the Supermod, I don't believe an attempt is made to install Starforce. Which is why I never played AOP until I'd installed a NoDVD patch. :)

Back