• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

stock game help install. running

haleon

Powder Monkey
Hi everybody, i was running the game with build 14, 3.4 with some crashes.
I decided to try and make a fresh install off the stock game.
now i cant even start that, any idea please help, its a awsome game with the mod.
Im running Windows 7
Update:
I tryed to shift kompabilit from win98 to winXP service pac.2
now the stock game seems to runn, I will try it a bit
install 3.4 Engine.exe fail ?

Last edited:
If the original game doesn't run, the most common cause is that you have an Intel graphics card.

I got the stock game running in WINXP mode
but when i try to install mod 14-3.4
it get stuck when installing engine.exe (error opening)
wierd I had it working b4

Last edited:
Where is the game installed? What sort of graphics card do you have?

Are both parts of the Build 14 3.4 installation in the same directory? They don't need to be in the same directory as the game itself but they do need to be in the same directory as each other. And you should not extract part 2, the installer does that by itself.

I have Build 14 running under Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition without using any compatibility mode.

C:\Pirates of the Caribbean
Asus EAH5770
Yes
Right now im dowloading a new set op mods, so Il try from scratch

I am using a compatibility mode on PotC but that is just to prevent the screen loading in the wrong spot (don't ask! :facepalm ).
But otherwise it works fine on my Windows 7. :shrug

If the game works before installing the mod, but not afterwards, please provide the .log files from your main game folder.

You mean the INSTALLER itself gets stuck? If so, it would be Windows Security Stupidity despite you installing to the C-drive and not Program Folders.

If you mean it gets stuck when STARTING engine.exe, that would make a lot more sense.
There should be .log files generated in your main game folder then that may provide a clue on what is wrong.

it the first installer get stuck
this time i try to ignore and then i continues installing
så i might miss the engine.exe
is it the file? and can i get the specific file from somwhere else ?
everythin else seems to install allright :-(

Last edited:
Does the installer give the error message "ENGINE.exe not found" or something like that? If so, it tells you why as well.
The only reason why that may happen is if you install to a folder that does not contain the original 2003 Akella game.
You have to install that first.

Back