• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Storyline, Audre Thomas

Shieldmaiden

Gunner Officer
Chapter I
The story about Audre Thomas

It's all started in the 1680's, just another guy that dreams to be a successful man, with a nice paycheck and a beautiful wife. Audre was a blacksmith in a small town.
He was a straight man and never got involved with the law, until that one day . It was a regularly sunday and Audre worked in his blacksmith, he was tasked by the british and they needed new arms.
Audre worked in his little shack day and night, he didn't want to let the british governor down by tasking him for once. The day after there was an attack by some outlaw pirates.
They robbed and torched everything they saw, good thing that the british soldiers arrived just in time before the pirates over ran the port and declared it was a pirate port.
The day after Audre finished his work and was preparing to set sail to the british colony to rearm her soldiers, Audre had a Yacht named 'Sharphawk' which his father gave.
The ship was ready to set sail to the british colony, but then a guy came upon him and asked if he is willing to sell his father's Yacht for 80.000 gold coins, Audre didn't thought that his ship worth that much but he refused.
When Audre turned back to his ship he saw couple of men that he didn't knew came down from her, when he asked them what were they doing up there the strangers didn't respond and continued walking.
It was late and Audre should have been in sea hours ago, Audre left the port and started his sail to the british island. After two weeks he arrived and moor at the british port.
One of the governors' Captains was expecting him and welcomed him to the island. When the crew unload the weapons they discovered tuns of corps falling from the crates, the crew ran to Audre and informed him about the situation.
When Audre arrived to the ship deck he couldn't believe his eyes. Children, women's, men covered the ship deck. Audre found on one of the corps a medallion which was marked with a skull on it.
It was a silver and beautiful medallion indeed. Audre took the medallion and shove it in his pocket . When the captain arrived at the scene he arrested Audre and his crew immediately. The governor work was to executed Audre and his crew.
When it was Audre's time to meet the devil, the medallion fell out of his pocket and a soldier bend down to have a look at it, the soldiers eyes were full with fear. He grabbed the medallion and show it to the captain.
The captain ordered to see Audre right away at his head quarters. Audre was brought to him and the captain asked to speak with him in privet.

Captain Martin Davies: Who gave this to you?
Audre Thomas : No one, i found it.
Captain Martin Davies: Where did you found it then?
Audre Thomas: On my ship's deck this morning, it was on one of the corps.
Captain Martin Davies: Do you know what this is?
Audre Thomas: Not really.
Captain Martin Davies : This medallion belongs to the outlaw pirates leader named Johnson Turner. We have been chasing him for years.
Audre Thomas : I saw him on my home land...
Captain Martin Davies: What?!
Audre Thomas : He offered to buy my ship for 80.000 gold coins.
Captain Martin Davies: There is still hope! we can still catch him and feed him to the dogs!, and you are going to help us.
Audre Thomas : Why me?! you have enough british spys why you prefer a blacksmith?
Captain Martin Davies : Or you prefer to be hanged.
Audre Thomas : What i need to do?
Captain Martin Davies : Go back to your home land and find him, i don't care how just find him!

So it was, Audre new job was to serve Britain as a spy from now on. He cleaned his deck and set sail to his home land to find more about the pirate named Johnson Turner.
When Audre arrived at his home land he saw that it was over ran by the pirates, the port flag was a black sheet with a skull and tow bonds crossing it. He couldn't believe that all who he loved are now locked some where.
Audre stepped into the tavern and drank a few glasses of ale, some one was looking on him but not correctly, he was looking on Audre medallion. He called:

Walter Christopher :Hey you! come and drink with an old sea dog!
Audre Thomas :Sure, why not.
Walter Christopher :May i ask where did you find this medallion?
Audre Thomas :None of your business my friend.
Walter Christopher :Ahh but i now a thing or two about Johnson Turner too...
Audre Thomas :What you know about him?
Walter Christopher :That he is one of the cold bloody pirates i ever meet... it started long ago... way long.
Walter Christopher :I server on his ship for five years and the only he want is to take over the Caribbean.
Walter Christopher :Cant say he didn't succeed, he took down Spain and Holland colony islands and forts.
Walter Christopher :But then he disappeared and never was seen again.. now he is back to kill us all! HA HA HA!!!
Audre Thomas :Calm down old man, where can i find him?
Walter Christopher : Ahh in his island called 'Blackrock' , thats his main fortress no men ever stepped there unless they had that medallion...
Audre Thomas : I want to send his to the devil, it is time that he will leave theses poor people alone.
Walter Christopher : You wont succeed unless you very carful what plan i got for you.
Audre Thomas: Tell me.
Walter Christopher : Even if you got the medallion you need to be a high rank in the pirates to even look at him.
Walter Christopher: You need to gain the trust of three different leaders.
Walter Christopher: There is Raoul Mershell ,Angela Sparss and Luke Baguello.
Walter Christopher: Serve, help, impress them and you will be able to step on the island and face Johnson.

And so it was, Audre need to impress three pirate lords if he wish to face the man that destroyed his homeland...

Chapter II
The first meeting

It took months for Audre just to find the last known location of the pirate lords, he didn't thought it will be that hard but he most do anything he can to avenge Johnson Turner.
From tavern to tavern, from island to island he looked and finally he got a lead in a town named "Douwesen", he got some information on the pirate lord Luke Baguello.
Couple of strangers that apparently work for Luke Baguello came upon Audre and took him to there lord. His eyes were blind fold and there was a scary silence all the way to the pirate lord.
They walked and none spoke all the way but some times he heard whispers between them in a strange language that he didn't understood, when they stopped Audre, one of them grabbed a peace of a wood and knocked Audre out.
When Audre wok up he found himself on a bed, couple minutes later a man came into the room and took Audre to see Luke. Audre didn't had a bad feeling about this after what he just come through.
They stopped infront of a big door which was heavily guarded by 40 or more cold blood pirates. The door opened and the man and Audre stepped in.
It was a dark room and in the middle of it there was a table and a man set there.

Luke Baguello: Welcome new comer... i am Luke Baguello one of the pirate lords that roles this archipelago.
Audre Thomas: Greetings...ah...my lord i guess, i came here in a chance to work for you.
Luke Baguello: Work, work, work...everyone wants to work for Luke...but not every get accepted, and some didn't made it to the end. What you got that im seeking for boy?
Audre Thomas: I think we both know what..."dirty work" my frei ahh lord.
Luke Baguello: HA HA HA dirty work !? thats all what you got to offer??
Audre Thomas: Anyone that is a threat to you. i will make sure you wont here from him again.
Luke Baguello: Thats better...hmmm you look strong boy..i will test your loyalty..kill this man [Points on a 3 feet giant with a hammer 2 feet in his hand. shot over you a big smile]
Audre Thomas: Pardon?
Luke Baguello: I WANT TO SEE YOU HOLD HIS HEAD!!...NOW!!

And so it was, a sword landed between Audre's feet, he picked it up and prepared himself to the nightmare.
At first Audre dodged the giant hammer, but in a mater of second he stabbed the slow beast in the stomach and the giant fell on the floor.
The crowed cheer the name Audre over and over agian, cant belive that a little man turned the devil's son to corps on the floor.
Luke Baguello raisd his hand and there was slince in the room.

Luke Baguello: You will be a fine pirate...

Audre shake Luke's hand in prude and that was the starting in his journey.

Chapter III
New friends and new enemies

Audre worked for Luke long enough and proved that his loyalty is better then any other pirate, Luke was impressed, he sent a word that there is a new assassin in the market.
After a while Audre did some other jobs for the pirates to gain friendship and respect. In the middle of the night a messenger wok up Audre and told him that he need to meet with the two pirate lords on a spanish island.
The plan was to capture the island and destroy the spanish colony. Audre answered the call and set sail to the spanish island with this crew.
When they saw the island shores trow the spyglass they couldn't believe how many ships there were on that on shore, it was breathtaking to see over 20 pirate ships moor there.
Audre arrived with his ship closer to the shore and waved the pirate colors at them, the shouting and cheering were heard all over the spot, the name Audre over and over again. Audre ship moor at the shore, everyone that was on board came down to the shore.
Audre walked forward to the pirate lords tent to meet Luke and the other pirate lord. When Audre approached to the tent, Luke welcomed him and called him "brother" as he was his friend since childhood.

Luke Baguello: Brother! it is great to see you here, helping us with the invasion.
Audre Thomas: Glad to help, anything for you brother.
Luke Baguello: This is Raoul Mershell, one of the pirate lords as well.
Raoul Mershell: Pleasure to meet you, i heard good things about you Audre.
Audre Thomas: My thanks sir.
Luke Baguello: Yes well, lets discuss about the invasion.
Raoul Mershell: Indeed, the plan should be by this way. There are enough troops out there, we should split them to three groups and take over the towns at once.
Luke Baguello: Sounds good enough.
Raoul Mershell: Angela Sparss couldnt join as Audre, so we invited you to lead these men.
Audre Thomas: Its an honor serving you, i shall not disappoint you.
Luke Baguello: Good to hear that, i shall give the word to the captains and we should be ready in a couple hours, dismissed.

The pirate troops pointed there swords and loaded there guns, finally we could move out and start with the attack on the towns.
The walking was about 6-7 hours and the men were tired but not enough to give up on gold and glory.
At last they passed the jungle and headed towards the town gates, it wasn't well defended but one of them sound the alarm.
Audre and his "small army" broke trow the gates with explosives, but the heavy patrol awaited for them and the fight began.
They fought with straight and honor against the spanish soldiers, blood was spilled from each troop and bodies covered the battle zone.
After a long and painful fight, Audre and the pirate won the battle and shouted with victory calls. Audre had the owner to change the spanish flag that rolled the town
with a black flag which was covered with a skull and two bones crossing it. After robbing and destroying everything the saw, one of the captains fired the signal to proved that they took over the town.
They waited couple minutes for the other groups to respond, the tens was high and so is the fear. But in one moment both of the signals were fired up to the sky and the pirates cheered and shouted with all there heart.
After returning to the ships Raoul offered Audre to work under his command, cant say that Audre didn't prove his loyalty to Luke so its time to move on.
Raoul and Audre shacked hands and set sail away before the spanish back up arrived...

So as you can see I came upon a nice story to start with, the development should take awhile cause of the lake of my knowledge with codes and such.

ah so you suggest to make a storyline great! maybe you could ask the modders to help you with this .

We could always use more storylines. Like you, I began with an idea for one about a Spanish conquistidor that I am working on as we speak. It was hard to start out, but once you start, it is easy to continue.

I've just read though your story so far, and it certainly looks promising!
I see plenty of opportunities for some interesting gameplay here... although so far there's been little naval involvement... I assume that's still to come?
But I'm sure that, with some development and code support, this could become an involving and original storyline. :onya

I've just read though your story so far, and it certainly looks promising!
I see plenty of opportunities for some interesting gameplay here... although so far there's been little naval involvement... I assume that's still to come?
But I'm sure that, with some development and code support, this could become an involving and original storyline. :onya

Thats is great news my friend
Although there is a problem, im not very well in scripting and such
Will it caste any trouble by building the storyline?

btw

MY 4th chapter is on the way i just lost the txt file and im trying to rewrite it

Don't worry, you don't need any prior experience to make a storyline.
There are some tutorials around on how to get started, but more importantly you'll have plenty of help from the Modding team. :cheers

There are a couple of links to storyline tutorials here, but the links are currently broken.
Until they're fixed, just have a look around the forum and you might find something useful. :onya

Yes.

Look at the El Patron thread. Lots of help was given there.

Questions can not be answered until they are asked.

Let us know what help you need.
Check Peter Blood's storyline thread; I posted some stuff there for getting started on it.

If you want, I'd even be willing to send you a sample of the code I have already written so you can get familiar with what I like to call "start code".

Back