• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Storyline Bug

Nightmare1200

Powder Monkey
I play storyline of tales of sea hawk by nathinal hawk
i have a mission when i have to go to boniare island to retrieve the cargo that pirates stolen so i have to destory the ship that carries that cargo
when i destory the ship i land on a shore with black sea i don't know what is that exacly so when i press
hot action command it tells me if i should assign an officer or not
i click exit and leave the boarded ship then i have screen

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
is that it ?

Attachments

• compile.log
    21.4 KB · Views: 180
  • system.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 202
  • -=Mohamed=- Open Sea August 30th, 1752.rar
    663.6 KB · Views: 148
is that it ?
Yep.

Also:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.3: 19 Jan 2015
Savegame Compatibility: 14.907
OOOOOLD!!!!! :shock

I don't think these log files correspond with your error though. According to this, the last place you've been was the Speightstown Tavern:
Code:
Template <goto> -> path not found chr.id = Oxbay_officiant
ItemLogic: On load location Oxbay_Tavern

Yep.

Also:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.3: 19 Jan 2015
Savegame Compatibility: 14.907
OOOOOLD!!!!! :shock

I don't think these log files correspond with your error though. According to this, the last place you've been was the Speightstown Tavern:
Code:
Template <goto> -> path not found chr.id = Oxbay_officiant
ItemLogic: On load location Oxbay_Tavern
so what should i do i enjoy playing the game i don't want that to happen :modding

iam windows XP and i tried installing but i couldn't and i searched why and i made a thread then one told me that windows Xp cannot install the installer send the 3 errors
have a look on this thread
Solved - i can't install the mod
i would appreciate it if u fixed the problem

Last edited:
Hi Nightmare,
You know this Site has a Wiki - all Quests are listed so far.
I am currently in Brave Black Flag - AND im not a quester, i am an Irish Rebel, kicking British Navy butt's (and who ever starts trouble, come on punks)! Do some quests (cause theyre there), but play my own Story. (Open World RPG, do what you want).

The Bug you have is disturbing, looks like its just frozen! I have that sometimes (rare, very rare) while boarding. Changing to next deck or back to Sea, needs alot to load, there is a critical moment for modded games (most crash or freeze on Worldspace Change).

This may increase your performance, i have less issues:
Open your engine.ini with notepad++ (or equal)
go to line 21 - numoftips = 0 ; 0 = Disable Loading Screen Tips
go to line 22 - tracefilesoff = 1 ; 1 = NO error logs (helps with game performance)

I recomend the usual save, quit, reload or reload a save before. Yes, you loose progress till there, but save often then its not much.
BTW: Dont overwrite saves, use new save (always), you can backup youre save folder somewhere (limited saves) if its full.

iam windows XP and i tried installing but i couldn't and i searched why and i made a thread then one told me that windows Xp cannot install the installer send the 3 errors
have a look on this thread
Solved - i can't install the mod
i would appreciate it if u fixed the problem
I thought you figured out what was going wrong with installing the mod? It should not be very difficult to do... :unsure

I thought you figured out what was going wrong with installing the mod? It should not be very difficult to do... :unsure

He did, indeed, no matter - the latest update does not work on older pc with OS WinXP. Last working befor 4.1 is our 3.4!

It would be fine if you could provide a support for people who dont have the latest Hard & Software, something like a low end option in your installer!
This Game is so old based on a 32bit engine and should work on a 32bit OS, but it doesnt. Holding previous, working versions could be pleasant for some users.
Just a thought, no request, i play what i get.

Would be nice if we could do that, but we don't even remotely have the manpower to support older versions with bugs that have already been fixed.
This isn't because we don't want to, but because it is a physical impossibility to get it all done.

The only thing we could do is to try and narrow down what it is that causes problems on older systems and see if we can find any small changes that can be made to get past that.
I figure that the most likely cause of performance issues with Windows XP is the new Levelling system, because that one does put some major additional strain on the system.
But it also has some settings to play with that should be able to reduce that problem.

To make use of that, you guys would need to install the latest version first.
Then we'd have to re-find the settings and then you'll have to do some trial-and-error to figure out if changing them does any good.
If you guys can figure it out, then we could maybe add a "low end settings" option as part of the latest installer.

Would be nice if we could do that, but we don't even remotely have the manpower to support older versions with bugs that have already been fixed.
This isn't because we don't want to, but because it is a physical impossibility to get it all done.

The only thing we could do is to try and narrow down what it is that causes problems on older systems and see if we can find any small changes that can be made to get past that.
I figure that the most likely cause of performance issues with Windows XP is the new Levelling system, because that one does put some major additional strain on the system.
But it also has some settings to play with that should be able to reduce that problem.

To make use of that, you guys would need to install the latest version first.
Then we'd have to re-find the settings and then you'll have to do some trial-and-error to figure out if changing them does any good.
If you guys can figure it out, then we could maybe add a "low end settings" option as part of the latest installer.

To be honest, I've thought about adding stepwise some of the update for me, but I'm concerned about my lack of skills! All I know is from learning by doing, over 10 years.
Didn’t even start looking if I can get ENB working. That smoothened my Skyrim extremly, even cleared some Vram.

I am currently installing a second game in another location, and will update that to 4.1! EDIT: setup uninstalls have to see how you done that Twin install.

After that I would need some hint where to beginn. I don’t know how your scripts rely on eachother, so I cant just overwrite certain files. I could beginn with the textures, a killer for Vram, if to extended.

If someone here can guide me a wee bit, I would offer time to help. How much I understand we will see. Another IF, we should open another post for this then.

Thank you for thinking about it.

Last edited:
Didn’t even start looking if I can get ENB working.
If you already have performance issues, I wouldn't recommend ENB. That tends to make it quite a bit worse.

I am currently installing a second game in another location, and will update that to 4.1! EDIT: setup uninstalls have to see how you done that Twin install.
What do you mean? I am not aware of the installer doing any "uninstalling".
Unless that is something @Mad Jack Wolfe added in the latest version?

Or do you mean the game installer itself (rather than the mod)?

After that I would need some hint where to beginn. I don’t know how your scripts rely on eachother, so I cant just overwrite certain files. I could beginn with the textures, a killer for Vram, if to extended.

If someone here can guide me a wee bit, I would offer time to help. How much I understand we will see. Another IF, we should open another post for this then.
Step 1: Try to get the latest Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP functional
Step 2: If it doesn't work, try to describe as accurately as possible what goes wrong
Step 3: If it does work, but you have unplayably bad performance, start a new thread here.
I've got a fair idea on what might be the culprit and how to tackle it, but we need to get to this point before we can try that.

As i mentioned, ENB can also increase performance. Using all effects and possibility's though is only for high end GPU's and much Vram, but that’s another thing!

For the installer, yes I ment the Game installer, not your's. Detected my install and deleted it.
No problem, after reinstall I copyed it to another folder - works on both, now im installing "my" version 3.4, that im playing.
The other folder gets the 4.1, have it already, tried to update as I ran into this issues last week.
The problem was then and possibly will be; CTD at every door after starting new game at Pirate settlement Nevis.

When I have this sofar I'll open a new thread here.

For the installer, yes I ment the Game installer, not your's. Detected my install and deleted it.
No problem, after reinstall I copyed it to another folder - works on both
That indeed explains it.
I made a ZIP containing the unmodded game and am using that instead of the original CDs.

The problem was then and possibly will be; CTD at every door after starting new game at Pirate settlement Nevis
First thing to test is to start the game on default settings.
Regular storyline and tutorial.
See how far you get before it crashes. Then when it does crash, start a new thread and attach the log files from your main game folder.

well i passed it that misson i was having difficulties cuz the ship always surrender when i boared and kill the captian it crashes as soon the health of the captian is 0 it crashes so i had luck and this time the ship didn't surrender and i sunk it and successfully passed this part of the misson

Last edited:
Back