• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Strange things in arichpelago quest bug?

chrissy2k7

Landlubber
Hi. Im playing with builkd 14 patch 5, and have been playing the strange things in arichpelago side quest on the nathaniel hawk game.

i have gotten to the point where you are in the puerto rico tavern and the tavern-owner and he tells you to find a guy called jordano,

now if i remember correct he is supposed to walk straight up to you after you leave the tavern ? nobody walks up to me, and i spent about 20 minutes walking around puerto rico talking to every soul in the hop of finding him walking around, but i couldnt.

am i stuck now?

the only possible thing i can think of is that i accepted a 'capture pirate off coast of puerto rico' quest while i was there, also a side quest from some guy in the port also. has this confused the game? :shrug

EDIT: I finished the side quests, I'm still stuck on the same part of the satanist quest and nothing is happening :(

it could be that the other quests have caused the Strange Happenings quest to break. :(

After the tavern owner tells you to find Jordano - you exit the tavern and turn right then right- Jordano should be standing there just round the corner.

This sucks :/ My next last save is over 4 months ago in game time and I have done so much since then. But I really want to complete this quest, as the last time i tried to it was bugged in the stock game, but at a different part.

Isnt there any code or anything which will make this Jordano guy appear when i leave the tavern?

Open PROGRAM\console.c and below the ref pchar lines, add this:
Code:
			AddQuestRecord("ANIMISTS", 25);
Locations[FindLocation("Muelle_town_01")].vcskip = true; // NK
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Jordano"), "Muelle_town_01", "goto18");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Jordano"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Jordano"), pchar, "", 5.0, 1.0);
Load your game, press F12, exit the tavern and hopefully he'll be there now.

That part of that quest has always been good for me. The only buggy part is after the battle with the Mefisto. Everything has to be done in a certain order or else....

Yep there was a part that was buggy in that quest but was fixed when I did the Jack Sparrow sidequest based off it :yes

the main reason why people keep failing to find the priest is actually quite simple: he counts as an ordinary NPC, so he's gone at night. even though he's locked up in a cell. just get to him before 20:00.

i've never seen a problem with jordano before though.

Thanks for pointing that out Morgan :onya

It should still be possible to make him turn up all the time, just got to remember the code line :facepalm

Code:
LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
That one? Strangely enough, he already does have that line set for him in PROGRAM\Characters\init\IslaMuelle.c .
Maybe we need LAi_RemoveLoginTime instead?

Does he have a set time in either quest_reaction.c or in standard version of the file? :?

If not then I would probably say remove the line and see if that works... just thinking out loud now, does Jordano have that line? :?

Removing the line automatically makes the character disappear at night for sure, courtesy of this code in PROGRAM\Characters\characters_init.c:
Code:
	if (!CheckAttribute(ch, "location.stime") || !CheckAttribute(ch, "location.etime")) {
float stime = 6.0;
float etime = 21.98333;
if (CheckAttribute(ch, "location.stime")) stime = stf(ch.location.stime);
if (CheckAttribute(ch, "location.etime")) etime = stf(ch.location.etime);
LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, stime, etime);
}

or it's been fixed during the time that i didn't play. which would be since patch 4, i think.

Open PROGRAM\console.c and below the ref pchar lines, add this:
Code:
			AddQuestRecord("ANIMISTS", 25);
Locations[FindLocation("Muelle_town_01")].vcskip = true; // NK
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Jordano"), "Muelle_town_01", "goto18");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Jordano"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Jordano"), pchar, "", 5.0, 1.0);
Load your game, press F12, exit the tavern and hopefully he'll be there now.

Thankyou Pieter, this completely solved the problem :] :onya

After I captured the mefisto (using the original lugger ;) ) I sailed straight to San jose, which froze my game to the desktop :modding

So i did it all again... I first sailed to Jamaica to the church, then I went to Bonaire to hand the children back and talk to the town hall governor, then I went to San Jose and Padre is safely back in his church. :nk

I remember playing on the stock version of this quest and I ALWAYS froze when recieving the letter from Padra. As soon as I left the church and the animists confront you, they would just stand there and look without saying anything, and interacting with them was impossible. Glad that's been fixed, because this is the first time I have actually completed this quest :?

You managed to get through in the end, eh? Congratulations! Good to hear. :woot

Congratulations! :cheers I just completed that quest last night. Yes, San Juan is the last place to visit, as you discovered. :onya And you took the Mefisto with a Lugger?!?! :bow I had three ships and the red hull strength bar was completely black on one, but it didn't sink. :wp

On a side note, I hit the tunnels at 04:58 and and the Padre was in his cell.

Aye, with only the original Nathaniel Hawk lugger. :p

I never sank it, I think that would be impossible. :sail

I simply chose my 3 best officers for melee ability, gave them armour and excellent/fine weapons,
did the same for myself. and then tanked about 5 levels of animist boarders.

The hard bit was getting the lugger into a boarding position without it being sunk (one broadside from mefisto would easily sink it) and i dont have the instant board ability, but once i was on board the animists really aren't as scary as they look (maybe if they pulled their hoods down they would see better)

Anyway thats my story :keith

So stock game if you go to the church it freezes straight away? :?

Im sure I got Jack Sparrow working so you could go any order :facepalm

I'm sure I completed that quest in the stock game back in the days.

Back