• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Stuck after boarding certain quest ships that trigger a reload

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
First of all, i knew in the wakthrough of tales of a sea hawk of this website that there was a bug with the capture of the colony and the quest of helping aurentius to save him from the prision of bridgetown, but i dont know how to fix it. After taking the colony, there is a bug, and i can't continue with the quest and defend bridgetown from the enemy ships. I can't find Danielle in the tabern too. It also dont leave me go to sail mode on sea. Can anyone help me or explain me how to fix this bug? I'll be very aprecciated.:)

Yep, i checked that, but the walkthrough didn't say how to fix the bug of capturing the colony. I also put in the first line that i read the walkthrough of tales of a sea hawk, as you put it. I got stuck in this part and i don't know how to fix it :(

If there is a post that talks of it, please sent me the link. Aprecciated.

That bug was fixed a few months back and it should now work. I tested it several times myself.
What does work and what doesn't? Did you capture Bridgetown and get to talk to the Fort Commander afterwards?
After that, there should be some quest scenes when you walk back into town.
Then sleep a night in the tavern and as soon as you get downstairs again, the story should move on.

I will tell you Pieter. I can land my troops on the fort and capture the town, and, as you ask, i can talk to the fort commander (don't remember whose name was). After that, i talk to danielle to help aurentius, then, aurentius is next to us, we talk, then when go to the lighthouse and we talk. After that, im back to the gates that goes to the canyon that gets to the mines and the lighthouse, and, when i go to the tavern, danielle isnt there. And then is when i cannot go out to sea. It supossed to be there waiting for me, not?

But i will try your advice, let's see if it works.

NOTE: After the battle my ship is very damaged (10% health) And for the next battle (the defence of bridgetown) i thought to repair it at the shipyard (which takes more than 25 days...). Maybe that's why i can't continue the main quest?

PD: In the stock PotC, when you capture a fort, your ships are fully repaired, and in this mod it doesn´t. Is this part of the intention to be more realistic on the mod?

Thanks.

Pieter, i tried to stay in the tavern a day, and the main quest continues. The bug was fixed! Thank you so much pieter, you deserve for your mod 5 stars. :D

So how exactly did this get triggered anyway? You mention going back to the Lighthouse before staying the night and I don't think that should be even possible. :facepalm

Maybe i haven´t speak very clear. When i got back at Bridgetown, after the capture of the town, now i could use my player as i liked. Aurentius said that he'll need a week to translate the articles, so, in that right moment, i couldn't go in mode sail with my ship. So i follow your suggestion, that was, stay a night in the tavern of bridgetown a whole day. But in fact, it wasn't only a day, but a whole week (maybe things of the mod). After get out of the room in the tavern, danielle was right there, and i could continue the main quest.

Anyway, my problem was solved, so thank you for your help.

PD: My english is not as good as i would like, i'm spanish.

Indeed that is what is supposed to happen: You can do whatever you need to do in town, then when you're ready to continue, spend the night in the tavern and the story goes on.

RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\BattleInterface.c; line: 1393
invalid index -1 [size:32]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\BattleInterface.c; line: 1393
function 'AddShipToInterface' stack error

I got this error after defending Bridgetown. The screen turned all to sea (no other images visible).

Does it look a little like this?
Beta3 2014-11-08 22-40-46-67.jpg

If it does it means you messed up and captured the last ship. You have to sink the last ship.

Does anyone have a save shortly before? That doesn't look right....

Not in my precious experience. There were no other images except an open sea. It looks like in a 3rd person battle mode without images in the background. Anyway, I got through the quest when I repeated the quest. My guess, it was a random crash that we experience playing the game.

For the info of all. I completed this quest even before the "Liberation" of Speighstown (Oxbay).
I'm not sure which quest you mean, but the one to defend Bridgetown against Silehard's counter-attack is not on your list - nor should it be at this time! The part which @HellSailor mentions is this one:

You will be facing three enemy ships. You can board the first two but you must sink the third. It does not matter which ones you attack and board first, the only important thing is that you finish by sinking a ship rather than boarding it.

A similar problem occurs earlier in the main quest, though from your quest book, you have not yet reached this part either:
One option at this point is to board a pirate ship; if you do, the game will hang in the same way. Either sink it or find some other way to complete this mission...

This was purely a total mixed up. The previous post was meant for "Helping Nigel Blite" quest, and it was already reported to avoid confusion. Sorry, mates :modding

Now that's worrying, as that's the one about returning Silehard's collection - the second of the quests I mentioned above. This ought to proceed if you sink the Sirena instead of boarding it, but the message on that screen is that you did sink it. Did you sink it by gunfire, or by boarding and not assigning an officer to it?

If you board a ship and do not capture it, she'll still sink afterwards.

Back