• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Stuck at Tortuga

Captain.Sparrow

Freebooter
Im playing beta 3.3 the curse of the Black Pear quest wen Jack with Will comes to Tortuga and finds Gibbs who hires crew but, there are no crew standing behind him and after he talks nothink happens. :(

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 255
Im playing beta 3.3 the curse of the Black Pear quest wen Jack with Will comes to Tortuga and finds Gibbs who hires crew but, there are no crew standing behind him and after he talks nothink happens. :(
After talking with Mr. Gibbs, he tell you about the crew, you have to find" Annamaria" some where in town,talk to her and meanwhile
the crew board the "interceptor ", and you can go for" Isla de Muerta" Mr, Gibbs dont show you the crew just tell you about it.

Before the Tortuga model replacement they did show up. Perhaps a locator issue with the new model?
@Jack Rackham, do you have any thoughts?

Maybe they aren't missing, but just moved. Or perhaps Tortuga has so many characters that the extra quest ones can't be added.

Alright, I'll check that too. I think 32 is the most I ever succeeded to place in a location.

There is a maximum number defined and I think that number is indeed 32. :yes

Are there any jump starts in Sparrow? The 'Storyteller' dialog seems to be something else.

There are indeed jumpstarts. Sparrow might even have been the first storyline that got them.
With Cheat mode enabled, talk to Random Drunk in the Tortuga Tavern right after starting a new game.

If indeed the problem is with the number of characters, there should be a message about that in compile.log .
If so, perhaps a vcskip attribute would be enough to prevent any needless random characters.

The crew locator wasn't close at all to Mr Gibbs so I moved it. All 6 crewmembers show up.

Attachments

• Tortuga missing crew.7z
    6.4 KB · Views: 192
Ok I didn't notice that the quest stops here too. The code is a little strange - I look into it
tomorrow.

So the crew has been fixed but the quest hasn't? Odd; it did use to work. :confused:
I think that particular section was Bartolomeu's work.

1) I have moved more locators to get the scene to be as tight as it once was.
2) There were too many characters so deleting one was enough to get Annamaria show up.
Now Fixed. :onya

Attachments

• Tortuga crew again.7z
    10.9 KB · Views: 192
If Annamaria is generated first, then the is less risk of her not showing.
In fact, I vaguely remember doing something like that already years ago.
Is there a vcskip attribute for that scene as well? If not, that should probably be added to improve reliability too.

I've checked the number of logined characters and it was exactly 32 after the 6 added crewmembers.
The new larger Tortuga looked a little empty so I had added 10 extra Citizens earlier. One of them is now gone
and all is ok.

No vcskip in that scene. The scene is called "meetthecrew" if you want to improve it further Pieter.

I've checked the number of logined characters and it was exactly 32 after the 6 added crewmembers.
The new larger Tortuga looked a little empty so I had added 10 extra Citizens earlier. One of them is now gone
and all is ok.
Is it now 32 characters without any random NPCs? Perhaps for that scene we can just temporarily teleport the regular town folk to "location none"?
That would allow you to keep it somewhat busy in the town outside that scene. Wouldn't want one single scene to detract from the general Tortuga experience.

Back