• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Stuck in the Speighstown dungeon exit.

Panopticon

Landlubber
I seem to have a knack for getting stuck in one way or another. This time it's physical. :)

Going from the Speighstown dungeon to the Abbey of Maltese order is no problem at all but when I try to go the other direction I always get stuck. I can go through the opening but on the dungeon side, no matter how much I run I don't get anywhere.

I can turn around and go back to the Abbey and exit to the town so I'm not completely stuck but it would be nice to backtrack.

And now when I wrote this I thought of, tried and found a way to get around it. Enabling sidestep and then walking sideways will get me unstuck. :) So it seems there is something physical blocking the path there.

Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full: 6 Dec 2013
Savegame Compatibility: 14.891

The save game is from right before I step through the exit.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave.7z
    372.3 KB · Views: 85
Hi Panopticon,
I have found that you need to treat some of these openings as doors - i.e. hit the open key (spacebar) a number of times when you get close to the exit and it seems to then take me through - this is necessary when going between levels in the crypt.:read

I'm not sure you can walk from the Maltese Knight Dungeon back to the Speightstown Dungeon.
But you can get out of it some other way; you'll end up in Bridgetown instead.

So can someone confirm there is a bug here or is this intentional?

It has been a long time since I last went in there. :8q As I recall once you go in, there is no turning back. There is no cowards way out and it is do or die.:duel: As I recall I used over 300 grenades and never cleaned the place completely out.:rumgone

As I said in the first post, I can go back. But when I walk through the "portal", i get stuck on the other side. As in physically stuck. I can see everything in that room, including two(?) bogeys, I can run, I can turn around but no matter what I do, I can't get anywhere, except going back to the abbey again. Unless I enable sidestepping and walk sideways THROUGH what ever it is that is blocking the path.

If that is intentional some programmer have a very strange sense of humour. :)

You can always check with the save game up there *points* if you want. The same thing happened every time I tried it. That was how I tested the sidestep trick.

I do believe not being able to return from the Maltese Knight Abbey into the Speightstown Dungeon was intentional.
And yes, @CouchcaptainCharles had a VERY weird sense of humour. But a GREAT one too! :bow

Back