• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Stunned characters are placed in other group and screw up fight

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
When a character doesn't use a weapon the oponent can get stunned by this function
Code:
void LAi_SetStunnedType(aref chr)
{
    chr.chr_ai.type = LAI_DEFAULT_TYPE;
    LAi_type_Stunned_Init(chr);
    LAi_group_MoveCharacter(chr, LAI_DEFAULT_GROUP);
}

This places the oponent in a other relation group and when there are multiple oponents they can start attacking themself because of this stun. I don't think we want that now do we?

The reason is yo put the stunned characters in a NEUTRAL group so that they are out of harm's way.
So we DO want that. Otherwise they'll keep on being attacked.

But of course, this only works if LAI_DEFAULT_GROUP (="") actually IS neutral to all other groups.
Sounds to me like that is (no longer?) the case.

The reason is yo put the stunned characters in a NEUTRAL group so that they are out of harm's way.
So we DO want that. Otherwise they'll keep on being attacked.

But of course, this only works if LAI_DEFAULT_GROUP (="") actually IS neutral to all other groups.
Sounds to me like that is (no longer?) the case.
At first it is. but if you are in a massive fight like a boarding situation there is a very large chance one gets hit. if he gets hit then he becomes an emeny. And therefore its possible to see his previous partners then kill him.

At first it is. but if you are in a massive fight like a boarding situation there is a very large chance one gets hit. if he gets hit then he becomes an emeny. And therefore its possible to see his previous partners then kill him.
We need to have one group that is PERMANENTLY NEUTRAL TO EVERYONE. Somehow.

We need to have one group that is PERMANENTLY NEUTRAL TO EVERYONE. Somehow.
Then I'd say we move this to after the public release because we can only get that if we don't add more groups during play but define them all from the start.

...we can only get that if we don't add more groups during play but define them all from the start.
I think that woud be a VERY good idea to implement anyway. The whole "adding groups willy nilly" thing most certainly isn't simplifying things.
In fact, I'm getting SO sick of all the "AI group business" these past few weeks that I might just go and investigate the original problem next weekend (not this coming one).

It has been an obnoxious problem for years, apparently even moreso now, and I'd like to NOT have to hear about it again. Ever.
So I'm considering now to see about fixing that BEFORE the public release, because with the current craziness with it, I don't feel comfortable pushing for the release. :facepalm

Back