• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Stutter

Hannes

Landlubber
Im not sure that this would be considered as a bug or rather performance issue.

Since i started playing this mod in 2012 i've experienced a small stutter every second ingame. Note that it is not a constant low framerate which is usually at about 50 fps when at sea. The stuttering is only at sea and occurs at exact intervals of about a second, the stutter itself is a frame drop that lasts only a hundred of a second maybe? It is anyway to short for Fraps to even notice while showing the framerate. This may very well be caused by my outdated computer, radeon 4850 hd, AMD phenom II quad core 2.6 Ghz, 4 gb ram. However i think this is a strange problem even if it is because of bad performance and i have never experienced it in another game.

Im dropping some other things in here while im at it. I can't seem to enable cheat mode? Changing the 0 to 1 in internal settings didn't enable the cheats, the numpad still doesn't do anything. Also all the nations on my Horatio Nelson savefile are at peace with eachother, even the pirates. Maybe this is meant to be active during the Elizabeth Shraw quest which im currently working on. And one last thing, the town names under direct sail all says #townname and nothing else, beachnames are fine though.

What modpack version are you running?
I fixed that particular stutter months ago and that one is fixed in all recent Beta 4 versions.

All nations at peace is a bug that was reported before but we could never replicate it.
But I did rewrite everything related to nation relations, so that one may have been fixed in the process.

For the cheats, do you have NumLock ON? Otherwise it won't work.

Those strange town names also sound like something that has already been fixed.

What modpack version are you running?
I fixed that particular stutter months ago and that one is fixed in all recent Beta 4 versions.

All nations at peace is a bug that was reported before but we could never replicate it.
But I did rewrite everything related to nation relations, so that one may have been fixed in the process.

For the cheats, do you have NumLock ON? Otherwise it won't work.

Those strange town names also sound like something that has already been fixed.

Sounds like i have a outdated version... The latest version on Moddb is Beta 3.4 and was released 10 months ago, is there a newer version?

Link in my signature. Still work in progress and apparently has a stupid bug where you gain skills much too fast that still has to be fixed.
But also contains a tremendous amount of improvements over the Beta 3.4 public release version.
New game required.

Link in my signature. Still work in progress and apparently has a stupid bug where you gain skills much too fast that still has to be fixed.
But also contains a tremendous amount of improvements over the Beta 3.4 public release version.
New game required.

Can i install this over 3.4 or should a make a clean install?

You have to download that big archive and install it all.
If need be, it'll probably work of you do it on Beta 3.4 instead of a clean game.
But I wouldn't recommend it.

Why are some of the storylines missing in the update?
They aren't. Unless you're referring to the Devlin Opera, which you have to enable in the Installer EXE because it is unfinished and probably will stay that way.

Several of the "storylines" that were added in previous versions, such as Jean Lafitte, Horatio Nelson and Jack Aubrey were never true storylines to begin with.
They were just "free play" characters. So you can now find those by using the brand new "Free Play" storyline.
Click the character portrait to select from a whole bunch of different characters, or create your own.
See here for details: New Horizons Free Play | PiratesAhoy!

Back