• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Substituting loading screens with short movie clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Hello to all my smart coder friends in PA! land,

My question is simple and I know it can be done. I have managed to make some really neat little short movie clips. I would like to substitute these for some of the loading screens.

Example: Instead of the loading screen showing a picture of boarders when it transitions from the ship fight to the boarding fight, instead you see a little movie clip of grappling hooks coming over the side and pulling taut.

Can this be done and how would I do it? I assume I just put the movies in with the other movie clips, but what files would I need to modify to get the game to point to my movie instead of the loading screen.

If no one knows I will go back to the old AOP supermod and look at the differences between the the brothel movies and the vanilla AOP with the "censored" screen. I'm certain that work was done the same way. I thought someone could save me some time by telling me how to do it instead of my digging for hours to find out how its done myself.

If anyone knows please help. Thanks :D

MK

Perhaps they managed to do it in AoP/CoAS, but PotC at least doesn't allow showing of movies instead of the loading screen.
You should theoretically be able to show the movie before or after the loading screen, but I can't see how to do it instead.

Are you sure that AoP brothel video was an actual reload and not just a movie clip being played?

Are you sure that AoP brothel video was an actual reload and not just a movie clip being played?

Well No I'm not sure Pieter, :shrug but consider this....in both the brothel and other transition/loading screens there is a sound byte played. In the case of the brothel, the little "Ooh aah" clip and in the case of boarding you hear pistols firing and such. I've already found the file that governs how long the screen is to be shown in seconds in the case of the death screens.

In POTC, you see a movie when you die. In COAS you see a transition screen with sound byte.

Can I substitute the sound clip with the video in the boarding example I wonder and just eliminate the boarding screen texture??? Possible?

I can see this is going to probably burn a half day of experimentation right now.

I think Drow had a topic about this somewhere. I need to find it.

MK

MK I would not use film clips. The interface is error. The best example is the change of flag.

If it doesn't work Jan I won't use it, but I would like to see if it is at least possible.

I'm very curious now.

MK

Go to the sailing mode and change the flags.
You will see that every time a flag is more with it.
I see if I still have the tests of the picture!

When Bloodquest comes in the error.log after playing the movie an error message.

After playing the film, no sound anymore.
Here you see all the flags
You also have the error in the GOF Mod MK.

Flaggenfehler.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back