• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Surrendered enemy captain not appearing

Rico

Corsair
Storm Modder
log and savegame attached
version:
Build 14 beta 4.1 (Jan 7)

Have had this happen a few times already. The ship surrenders, I board and get loaded onto the empty deck. Seems to consistently be the old PotC boarding level, don't know if that is relevant though. I have no option other than to close the game.

Anyone have an idea of why this is happening? :unsure

Attachments

• compile.log
    58.3 KB · Views: 252
  • error.log
    90 bytes · Views: 238
  • system.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 2.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 206
  • -=Player=- Open Sea November 29th, 1752.zip
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 217
Happened again.. Captain fails to appear on deck after surrender.

Logs attached. Seems to be something like 1 in 6 surrenders being bugged like this atm.

Attachments

• system.log
    15.5 KB · Views: 229
  • compile.log
    152.4 KB · Views: 245
  • error.log
    419 bytes · Views: 241
I don't quite understand why you're having this problem.
As far as I know, this has worked fine for years.
Otherwise somebody else should have reported something by now! :shock

You sure the mod is properly installed?

Have you installed any mods other than the 7th January installer and possibly the post-7th January fixes archive? There were some other experimental mods introduced last year, and one of the effects of installing them was this sort of problem. The 7th January installer does not include those mods, so enemy captains should be back to their original reliability.

One thing I have found is that the enemy captain is sometimes rather hard to find, depending on where he is standing. So, in many boardings while playing the 7th January version, if the ship surrenders then I've always found the captain, but sometimes it took a lot of searching. :ninja

Oops, just checked, and I have the post-7th fixes installed as well. :diomed I am quite sure that the mod is installed properly (the installer seems to get more fool-proof every year), plus the game has been working fine until recently, I've only started encountering problems as my character is almost at max skills, with lots of officers (and prisoners, I can't be bothered to do anything with them).

I wonder if having a huge lot of officers and prisoners could be the reason.
Maybe they use up all available Captain slots?
Admittedly does sound quite unlikely, but maybe...?
You could try to get rid of the prisoners in your hold and see if that makes any difference.

Post 7th January fixes shouldn't cause such a problem. It was some earlier mods which caused various trouble, including the non-appearance of captains of surrendered ships, and those mods weren't included in the 7th January install or post 7th January fixes.

Having lots of officers and prisoners shouldn't prevent the captain from appearing. The last time I had that many, admittedly long before even the 28th July install, the only effect of that was to prevent the captain from offering to be hired or dumped in the brig - you could only let the ship go or slaughter the crew.

@Rico: could you go to the "Characters" screen (just press F2), scroll through all the officers and prisoners, and count how many you have in total?

Had it happen again just now.. Did a count and I have 25 officers/prisoners, mostly officers as prisoners seem to have a way of escaping. Doesn't seem to be an overly high number really though I do admit I have no idea what I am talking about. :diomed Will try to reduce the number and see if that makes a difference. I've attached logs again plus a save, should anyone want to try and replicate it. :doff

Attachments

• compile.log
    61.8 KB · Views: 244
  • error.log
    90 bytes · Views: 246
  • system.log
    10.1 KB · Views: 250
  • -=Player=- New Granada. Residence. December 16th, 1752.zip
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 196
@Rico I think you miss this update:Extra Fix Archive: Download by @Grey Roger (Updated: 6 March 2017).
The headlines of the compile.log. have to look like this:
Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP: 6 March 2017
Savegame Compatibility: 14.937
----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nothing in that update relates to this problem, mainly because nobody else had reported the non-appearance of a surrendered ship's captain since the original 7th January installer, so nothing has been done to fix it.

25 passengers total is not the maximum number of passengers - you should be allowed up to 32.

I just noticed this in the Change Log:
Code:
Prevent captain of ship you are boarding being cleared by Pieter Boelen
So a bug like @Rico describes DID occur at some point, since apparently I tried to fix it. :facepalm

I've done a lot of testing with surrendered captains and (with my latest fixes which will be posted) this is no issue.
don't know if it was a issue before, but now it certainly isn't

Good looking out boys first time playing this and my game was ruined because of it I also thought it was to many captains so i took like 6 off and it kept happening but i never went over 20 anyway so it was weird and it would do entire fleets not just one ship for me. I would always destroy sails move it for grape and board and surrendered captain wasnt there for 4 or 5 ships i would have to reload and fight again sometimes it worked very frustrating so thank you gents.

Which version of the game are you playing? There were two possible reasons for the enemy captain failing to appear and both were fixed some time ago.

Have a look at this:
Fixed - Marie Celeste

Which version of the game are you playing? There were two possible reasons for the enemy captain failing to appear and both were fixed some time ago.

Have a look at this:
Fixed - Marie Celeste
yes sir that was my case when i found the mod in my excitement i went to moddb even knowing i should always go to home base lol but fuk this mod just hooked me right away and when i tried to install the fix files game was corrupted but its all gravy baby thats what cheats are for so im gonna give my self same rank+rep+ships and be on my merry way lol now im just having issues with the spy agent part i decided to pick spy profession but this dude just follows me everywhere even after we left the island lol and i took him to a dutch island cuz he has important documents but nothing lol so just waiting for a reply in the other forum.

btw thanks for replying bud

*forgot to make a note it did say build 14 but prob without the fix* (tbf i could of ez missed any extra files cuz i get like a fat kid in a candy store on pirate/viking/history in general)

btw since i have you here I wanted to make sure the right person gets my money can you post or priv msg me which account to send money? i recently sold my house for 3x the price i paid for so its nice I can give to ppl who deserve it and this shit.....well deserved

Last edited:
it had happened to me once in Coas Mod GoF but once I surrendered it disappeared and in the hold I could not find it idel in the passenger slot ... the cursed was vanished or thrown overboard ...

Back