• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Surrendered ship being attacked by former friends

DeathDaisy

Freebooter
Storm Modder
starting as a Swedish rebel, I set out from the pirate settlement on nevis. right outside the harbor was a fleet of english merchants, which attacked me because I was flying my pirate flag. not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I boarded one of the ships. when I spoke to the captain in the cabin, I told him we were to be civilized about it and asked him to teach me to be better at boarding.

after that I was sent to the regular boarding screen where I took all the cargo without trouble. when I returned to the open sea, the ship was standing motionless without firing, as is normal for surrendered ships. she was still flying the english merchant flag. however, her former allies opened fire. first I thought they were aiming for me and she was caught in the crossfire, but when I sailed off, they kept at it, and even stopped chasing me to stay and slaughter their former comrade

attaching the save and logs! also a link to where I first reported the problem

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea October 31st, 1674.rar
    529.6 KB · Views: 139
  • error.log
    246.9 KB · Views: 202
  • compile.log
    95.8 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for reporting, @DeathDaisy!

Definitely a weird story and shouldn't be happening, of course.
I wonder... Did you see the ship still flying an English flag in 3D Sailing Mode or also in the Sail-To Interface or Spyglass?
The 3D Sailing Mode flags could potentially fail to update, but the interfaces should always be the truth.

I didnt think to check the interface, only in 3D sailing :unsure I tried loading up the save again to check, and Ive heard stories about the problems of saving and loading at sea, but I havnt had trouble before. however, the surrendered ship is gone now :eek:

Too bad. Well, if it ever happens again, at least you'll know one extra thing to check...

Back