• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Switching controls for fight mode

yish

Landlubber
Hey guys

I've been insistently trying to play this game, but I consistently end up frustrated on account of not being able to parry and feint at critical times. At first i thought the problem was me, but it seems that, in truth, the input (shift + rmouse or mmouse) is what is failing. Often the game doesn't register that I have pressed shift and I end up dead because I attacked on the wrong timing instead of parrying.

After a lot of research on your forums and a lot of headaches trying to solve this problem, I would like to know if any of you has succeeded in changing the key system using the controls.c and init_pc.c files. However, my purpose is not to change the shift key to some other key, as I can perfectly do that in game and it doesn't solve the issue, but rather keeping the 3 mouse buttons as attacks, and binding 3 completely different keys for the alternative actions (aoe attack; feint; parry), say key_C, key_V and key_B for instance.

I hope I managed to be clear on my explanation/intent.
Can anyone help me, or please just say if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

Back