• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed System.log: "Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx"

I think I’ve been reserving the search function too much for Notepad++ :rolleyes:

This might actually fit in with the error reportedly showing up at the shipyard since ship models might be handled there at some point.

I’ve been seeing it on reloading to sea, which also suggests it’s a ship problem.

Last edited:
It can be hard to see what has already been reported.

Sometimes I have a hard time finding stuff myself, even if I KNOW it exists and generally know the general area too. :facepalm

Despite commenting out both lines, I still get three of those system.log entries when I start the Assassin storyline.

That being said, this could still of course be one of the reasons that it happens.
I'd suggest this to fix it:
Code:
string GetShipDecksTexture(ref chref)
{
   if (!CheckAttribute(chref, "ship")) return "";
   int st = GetCharacterShipType(chref);
   if (st == SHIP_NOTUSED) return "";
   aref ship; makearef(ship, chref.ship);
   string path = "";
   string deck = GetLocalShipAttrib(ship, &ShipsTypes[st], "DeckTexturesDir");
   if (deck != "") {
     path = "Locations\decks\" + GetLocalShipAttrib(ship, &ShipsTypes[st], "DeckTexturesDir");
     if (CheckDirectory("RESOURCE\Textures\" + path, "*") == 0) path = "";
   }
   return path;
}
That basically removes some functionality, but not functionality that is actually used.
Only the "BlackPearl" has "DeckTexturesDir" defined and she doesn't have it set per location ID.

This also requires two changes elsewhere because I removed one of the input variables.
I'll include this in my next upload. Can't hurt, I think.

Back in February (last year now!) I commented that the original four instances were now 3 and perhaps I should do a winmerge between a couple of versions :rolleyes:- wish I could follow through sometimes because doing that today revealed the change to have been in BATTLEINTERFACE\landinterface.c and was as follows

Code:
// Viper
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t6.name = "battle_interface\UsedItems3.tga"; //Levis
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t6.xsize = 4;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t6.ysize = 2;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t7.name = "";
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t7.xsize = 4;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t7.ysize = 4;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t8.name = "";
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t8.xsize = 4;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t8.ysize = 4;
  // Viper
// KK -->
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t9.name = "";
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t9.xsize = 0;
    objLandInterface.CommandTextures.list.t9.ysize = 0;

The //Levis line being changed from "" to a named .tga.

Now suspiciously there are left three "" names which I suspected equate to the three instances cropping up at every land reload. Putting blank.tga in those gets rid of the three remaining logs in system :bounce- I hope without causing any actual problems.:popcorn:

Back