• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority System.log: "Can't loading cubemap mip 0"

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Code:
Can't loading cubemap mip 0 (side: 2), not loading it.
Cube map texture resource\textures\AMMO\EN3.TGA.tx can't loading (size: 64, num mips: 6, format: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8), not loading it.
This one's a bit weird.

I think it's converted to the wrong type. But I don't know which type it should be converted too.

Some blades from other games uses en2.tga but got a strange shiny metal look. So I took
that games en2.tga and namechanged it to en3.tga. They look a little different. All was ok. I thought.

Bladeirontool.gm for ex uses en3.tga (see gm-viewer) But the fact is that the blade looks ok
because the game is NOT reading any en.tga file at all. I removed en3.tga from the game and the blade still looks ok.
It shouldn't use en2.tga though.

So maybe we don't need en3.tga. I don't remember which more models are referring to it. But it should be the same with them?
To avoid ANY messages in systemlog maybe I can use an empty texture file called en3.tga?

If you think it is OK, indeed you could overwrite it with the blank.tga.tx alpha map file.
If they then still look right without log entries, that might be the nicest solution.

A blank texture file didn't work, because of my old problem with not being able to
make transparent layers. Let all be as it is and I put another post to my to-do- list.

Or if it's possible to type in blanks in the right section of HEX editor. Squares maybe or ?
This would really fix all other texture files I have made visible in systemlog by cutting out parts of
gm models.

You don't need to make a blank texture; it already exists. You should be able to find it by the name I mentioned in my above post.
You can rename it to the file you're overwriting.

Especially nice solution would be to have a copy of that file with differing name lengths and hex edit all useless missing textures to use their appropriate blank texture instead.
That might be quite time consuming though. :facepalm

EDIT: That being said, I think it is already partly done because I remember there being both a "blank.tga.tx" and identical "blnk.tga.tx" file for that purpose.

Last edited:
I think if you make notepad ++ search the models folder for the occurance of en3.tga you should find the files which have them already.
Notepad ++ does an ascii search trough all files I believe.
Don't know for sure tough but worth a try ;).

I think if you make notepad ++ search the models folder for the occurance of en3.tga you should find the files which have them already.
Notepad ++ does an ascii search trough all files I believe.
Don't know for sure tough but worth a try ;).
I'm not sure that works for GM files that need to be viewed in HEX mode.

Also, there are many, MANY other system.log entries for deliberately missing textures. Would be nice to have those tackled some time too.
But at least those don't give two lines per error like this particular one does.

Code:
Cube map texture resource\textures\AMMO\EN3.TGA.tx can't loading (size: 64, num mips: 6, format: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8), not loading it.
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Unloading

any idea about these?

Never saw this before:
Code:
MSG_BLADE_GUNFIRE Can't find gun_fire locator

Back