• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Taking and ruling a colony

Bathtub-pirate

Sailor
Storm Modder
What advantages does one gain, when he chooses to take a colony? Well, tax gold obviously. Is there a way to make theses taxes more profitable other than just raising them? Does the economic strength of the colony influence profitability? And do prolonged high taxes produce any problems? Like pissed off colonists.^^

There appears to be no way to influence the colony. Last time I tried, I couldn't even change the tax rate, at least not for long. I'd change it, look at a different screen, then when I looked back at the colony it had put its tax rate back to normal. Which, since I was trying to be nice and reduce their tax rate, was very generous of them. xD

You can rename the colony if you like. And you can put your choice of officer into the governor's seat, though if your choice is female then weird things may happen because not many female character models have sitting poses.

Does it have any influence, which officer is chosen or are these mere placeholders? Also, how long does it take for the fort to be repaired? Or was it just an error that "my" fort did not fire a shot whatsoever, when I left and there were hostile ships?

The officer assigned as Governor makes no difference. Though the fort commander could probably use good cannon skills.

The whole town capture mod was never fully finished.
I spent quite some time and effort a bit over a year back to get it working at all without getting you stuck.

But indeed there is a lot of room for improvement.
And I'd quite welcome someone to improve things further as there is a lot of potential.

There IS a town Morale that decreases when you have higher taxes.
But I don't think that has much of an impact on gameplay.
There certainly isn't going to be a rebellion or anything because that was never added.
I think it might reduce the Morale of the crew available for hire from the tavern.

Back