• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved [Tales of a Sea Hawk] Black Peal not spawning at Cozumel

dorpen

Landlubber
Started playing with the latest build, got through the main quest line fairly bug free. However when I complete the temple at Cozumel and the cut scene plays the arrival of the Black Pearl nothing shows up. There is no option for sail-ho and no ships show up around the island. Here is a zip with the system.log file attached though I'm unsure if it will help at all.

Attachments

• system log.zip
    872 bytes · Views: 154
@dorpen: Please try that not again and, if it fails, upload compile.log too.
That one should provide some necessary details.
Include error.log if there happens to be one.

@Pieter Boelen Thank you for your quick response. Here is the error.log and compile.log after today's attempt, hopefully it sheds some light on my error.

Attachments

• error log.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 166
@dorpen: According to compile.log, you are running one of @Levis' experimental versions from last year:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP: 23 September 2016
Savegame Compatibility: 14.935

These are the other relevant lines from that file:
Code:
Quest name to_the_ship_whualya FOUND in QuestComplete
Quest name Story_LeavingKhaelRoa FOUND in QuestComplete
Quest name Story_FinalBattleWithBlackPearl FOUND in QuestComplete
[...]
Quest name Story_FaceTheBoss FOUND in QuestComplete
[...]
SEA: added ships
Start forloop
i= 0 Check for group Black_Pearl with task 1
That suggests the game does know the Black Pearl should be in the scene.

I am afraid I can not give you an answer that you will like.
Probably the only real solution is to upgrade to the new version (see link in my signature), which requires you to start a New Game. :(

The most likely cause for this bug is the "Captain Generation System" rewrite.
This was never finished properly, which is why in the latest version it has been removed again.

@Pieter Boelen Thank you for the quick reply again. While its unfortunate that a fresh start will be required it shouldn't be that big of a deal for me. Thank you again for taking time out your day to help me understand and solve this problem.

Back