• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Talk Like a Pirate day!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
A lot of you mates already know this, but for some who have recently joined us, I thought I would cover this once again. Every year about this time I have to wade through the same thing when doing news searches, “September 19'th is International Talk Like a Pirate day!” Now let me say first off, I really have no problem with a day dedicated to pirates! In fact, you can usually find some pretty good swag giveaways at certain establishments throughout the world for doing nothing more than saying “arrgh!” For instance, you can count on a free doughnut at at the US retailer Krispy Kreme, and if you dress like a pirate, you can get a free dozen! A new one I noticed for this year is the US restaurant franchise Long John Silvers is also giving away a free piece of fish! Over in the UK, Barrington Freight has posted an info-graphic featuring some of the richest pirates in history on their blog.

Sometimes there are some good books launched too, this year for instance, “To Sail Atlantis”, a historical fantasy set in the 16'th century and written by Henry Hallan, will be released on September 19'th. Over at Goodreads, they are giving away a copy. There are usually also some celebrations and pirate shows scheduled for September 19'th as well. International Talk Like a Pirate was started in 1995 by John Baur and Mark Summers, you can read more about it on the official web pager HERE! This year, if your so inclined, you can find Ol' Chumbucket and Cap'n Slappy in a show at Studio City Tattoo in Los Angeles. On the east coast, in New York, you can catch the debut of the new pirate band “Gasparilla & The Buccaneer Band” at Ottos Shrunkenhead Tiki Bar and Lounge.

Here is a clip they posted on Youtube last year :

This one feels more like a marketing stunt to me, and while that music is not bad, personally, I prefer something with a bit more of a classic feel, such as this little shanty on Youtube!

Anyway, back to my original point of making this post, I guess I just never liked being pigeonholed in to the typical pirate stereotypes. Having fun while doing something you love is all that matters, and the most important part of having a hobby, and we do that here on a daily basis! For us, every day is Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Attachments

• Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day.png
    Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 19
At the very least, the twitter hashtag for pirates will be very hot that day so get your marketing materials ready to post and tweet all day. I know we are!

Get your tweets going! The tag is hot today.

Back