• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Talk to guards/people after capture

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hi everyone,

I have encountered a problem in the game and I think this problem is in a storylines...

Anyway I have captured Port Royale and make it my own fort ( Governor Susan Shaypem, Fort cmmd,
Lieutenant Harris) but after I have played the Rescue Bartolomeu's crew quest something will not happen anymore. On the end of that quest you must kill three or four men at the center and the town is mine so the guards attacked them too and the civilians will stand before a bad guy but after I killed them and going back to the center of Port Royale I can't talk to anyone anymore. The talk button is there but nothing will happen if you click it. This is quite annoying and if you haven't completed the Marc Blaque quest it means that you can't complete it anymore because you can't talk to him anymore...

I don't know if this is important to know but the guards/civilians all have save the fight against the four men who you must kill at the end of the Bartolomeu Crew quest..

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

The capture colony feature has always been bugged and it sounds like you found another one. The Bartholomeu side quest has always worked for me.

probally it detects if you killed them or not, but have to check. do you have error logs?
And I would like a savegame just before you are going to kill them if possible.

Here ya go, just enter the center through the gates and one of the man will talk to you, kill them and after that you can't talk to people/guards anymore even if go you to another place and come back at the center af that.

VanessaHudgensFan

PS: Where is Emilio Soares gone at that point? When you enter the town he disappeared and never returns, why is he disappearing and why isn't he in the Passengers list after you found him at the Santiago Outskirts?

Attachments

• Bartolomeu Quest End Kingston Port.zip
    914.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Well, Capture Colonies wasn't made to work well together with the quests; that is just too complicated to achieve properly.
So I'd recommend not starting on any town-capturing until after you're done with quests and are doing Free Play.

Okay yeah I have think on that one myself because there seems to be a lot of problems if you capture a town and you must complete a quest there....

But now still remains my question about Emilio Soares, why is he not a passenger and why does he disappear when you reach the Port Royale center?

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Hi everybody,

Today I have playing this part again to figure out why the people/guards won't talk to me anymore after killing the guys of the quest and I find out that it makes no difference if the people/guards get killed in the fight or not. I can't talk to them. The only difference is that the guards who were killed will walk around the area in case of staying on a standard place like before the Town Hall, Gate and Naval HQ when you go to the Jamaica Center again.

If you hit them after they were killed they will attack you and become enemies , if you hit them before they were killed you can't kill them and do no damage at them and they will be seem as allys. A little bit weird if I think of it a bit ahahaa..

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Back