• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide TEHO modding (tehomod and scripts are here)

Hi, I have a question that I hope you can help me with. I'm currently playing TEHO on my mac though a WINE wrapper, and I have the game running fine, but I can't get your mod to run. WINE currently does not support DXD8, but it does support 9. I noticed in your OP that if using your mod with 1.5.0 one can simply change the name of the dll to 9 from 8. I was wondering if there was any changes I can make to an INI or something somewhere that will allow the mod to work with DXD9 for versions 1.5.1 or later? I'm guessing no, but I wanted to try. I really want to give Hook's mod a shot. Thank you!

Only 1.5.0 version of the game uses DX9, in 1.5.1 it was reverted back to DX8. So if the game running fine, tehomod should also work fine. In fact, tehomod doesn't use DirectX, it's just a convenient way to inject my code.

Only 1.5.0 version of the game uses DX9, in 1.5.1 it was reverted back to DX8. So if the game running fine, tehomod should also work fine. In fact, tehomod doesn't use DirectX, it's just a convenient way to inject my code.
Well, I'm confused. Maybe I installed it wrong... PROGRAM folder and dll go in game directory, right? I checked the TEHO, active map, and Hook's mod ini files, and they are all enabled. When starting the game, should there be a notification of new scripts running? Right now there aren't any. Gameplay is still vanilla, minus the texture changes. It could be that this is just another thing that doesn't work with WINE, which is sad, but counts as another tick towards a PC for my next comp.

i don't have any tehomod.log file. which i'm guessing means it hasn't even tried to open? i'm using version 1.5.1, which was the current release when i borrowed from my brother to use in a WINE wrapper. I'll redo the process with the newer version when i see him again, but won't be for awhile. i'm aware that your current version is for 1.5.2, which is why i am using Hook's mod 0.6 for 1.5.1, which has 1.5.1 versions of TEHOmod and active mod bundled with.

Attachments

• HookMod 1.5.1 v0.6.rar
    7.4 MB · Views: 541
I have a question. It seems that if i use your mod with an enb, the hook mod then doesn't work, as im overwriting the dx8.dll with the enb's dll but if i use the included mods dll and overwrite the the enb's dll, the enb doesn't work, anyway how to make both mods work at the same time?

d3d8.dll is the tehomod itself. If your ENB mod support submodules(check .ini) you can inject tehomod through ENB. Otherwise, you need to use an external injector in order to use both mods.

I got the same problem than above about using that mod with reshade, i would like to know which lines i put must where, in wich ini for get mods working with reshade, if its possible off course.

I got the same problem than above about using that mod with reshade, i would like to know which lines i put must where, in wich ini for get mods working with reshade, if its possible off course.

tehomod is not designed to allow d3d plugins. If reshade works the same way, you need to find d3d proxy which allow you to use both dll's
Maybe I'll make a workaround later

If i understand good, the dll must be called d3d8.dll obligatory for it work, i can't change name ?
The thing is like, i use already a d3d8.dll for convert the game to dx9 then i use d3d9.dll for reshade.

I got it to work with enb injector ! :D
Nice, that's exactly what I meant.
BTW, I made a version which supports native detour to other D3D mod: MEGA
You need to name additional mod "d3d8_ext.dll" and place it next to tehomod's original d3d8.dll

PS I have no game installed to test this update
PPS I have also no winxp compatibility toolset installed so it requires win7+
PPPS Most likely, I'll soon publish the source code, since I won't be able to support tehomod anymore

Last edited:
Back